40.

Clara huffs angrily flipping through worn pages. "I'm not any closer to breaking the glamor on the grimoire!"

"Well, we can't face Mother until you break it." Zek snaps.

"I can't face Mother," she clarifies. "she'll never show to face all three of us."

"She might." Rose interrupts. "From what I've heard she's gotten rather full of herself."

"She's one of the world's oldest witches, I feel like that's enough ground to get cocky."

Clara rolls her eyes. "Let's just stop talking about her."

A heavy silence presses down on the siblings, the gravity of the situation coming into full effect. Rose carefully watches her sister, questions scrambling around her head that she is far too scared to ask. As if sensing her uneasiness Zek's gruff voice breaks the silence.

"What happens-" He pauses, waiting for Clara to meet his gaze. "-if you can't break the glamour?"

"Then I face her as is."

"That's suicide!" Rose exclaims. "You can't expect us to stand by while you face her alone and without your powers!"

"Rose is right, with your magic bounded you're basically human. You're open to the supernatural, you can be compelled and willed to do anything."

Clara brushes off their statements "My willpower is stronger than what you give me credit for."

Zek wets his lips, casting a wary glance towards Rose. "We're worried about you."

"I know."

"Rose give us a minute."

Rose scowls at her brother but leaves without protest.

"Rebekah told me, I know you let Klaus compel you."

Clara slams the grimoire spinning around to face him. "Yes okay, I let Klaus compel me. I-I let him dull the pain and I bent to that will. Because I wanted to, I just wanted that pain to stop!"

"And did it work?"

"No, not as well as I hoped." She sighs running a hand through her hair. "And if an original vampire has trouble compel me when I'm willingly accepting it. Then there's no way in hell that woman can't will me to her bidding!" She chews on her bottom lip rising to her feet. "No one is going to stop me, okay? I'm facing her and I'm ending this century-long nightmare!"

"Then let us help you!"

  The door swings open causing the pair's argument to cease.

"He's right you know."

Three familiar faces stand in the doorway, one looking far angrily than the others. Clara meets a set of blue eyes burning with an intense fire.

"If you're so hellbent on this ridiculous suicide mission than the least you can do is let us prevent you from dying."

"Niklaus is right, the Mikaelson's aren't known for going out on a limb for anyone other than ourselves. But in this case, I think we can make an exception, that is if you'll allow us, Clara."

Clara offers the group a small nod. "Yeah, okay."

A/N:

I want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. I sort of lost the momentum with this story. But I'm trying to get it back on track, overcoming writer's block and such. But anyways, thanks again for your patience and waiting for my slow update. You guys are amazing and I really appreciate the support!

Much Love <3, Nightingale_one