10.

"Hello, love."

Clara sighs slipping off her shoes and looking to the man on her couch.

"I don't remember inviting you in."

He gives a small shrug rest his arms over the back of the couch. "I let myself in."

She crosses her arms over her chest. "Yes, I can see that."

"Since you've seemed to make it your mission to avoid me lately I thought I'd make it easier for you."

Clara gives him a sarcastic smile. "How thoughtful."

It is true, she has been avoiding the vampire here lately, she just wasn't quite sure how to handle the information he shared the other week.

"To be honest I'm a little hurt love."

And that was true she could see it in his eyes. She bites her lip looking to the ground.

"I'm just trying to wrap my head around this Klaus." She states quietly.

The vampire raises a brow, getting to his feet and walking over to her. His slender fingers dip under her chin. Tilting her face upward he stares deeply into her eyes.

"Just answer me one thing love. Do you carry even a small fraction of feelings for me?"

Clara takes in a small breath, her eyes searching his. "I-I um, I'm not sure." She whispers. 

However, she didn't believe the words that left her mouth, and apparently neither did Klaus. He gently brushes his fingers against her cheek.

"We both know that is a lie love." He states quietly.

She reaches her hand up gently resting it against his. Her large brown eyes looking into his blue ones.

"Take a chance, Clara." He beings quietly. "And I promise it shall be well worth your time."

"Bribing me now are we?" She jokes quietly.

The vampire smirks leaning closer to her. "What do you say, love?"

Clara closes her eyes, his forehead resting against her's. Instead of answering Clara leans up on her toes, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek near the corner of his lips. Before he can react she quickly pulls away. The vampire smirks down at her.

"I take that as a yes then?"

Clara looks up at him flashing a coy smile. "What can I say. You drive a hard bargain."