Chapter 16 : Happiness

Elijah & Ava In MM <3

Elijah

Justice and I stared each other down as I waited for him to say something. I fidgeted with my fingers a little, unsure of what to do with myself. I wasn't scared of him. I never was. I was just nervous.

"Look, Eli, Ava told me," Justice started. "And, bro, I'm happy for y'all, on the real."

"Word?" I asked, shocked by his response.

"Yeah, man, I love you like a brother and I knew you my whole life. I know I can trust you with my lil sister. Ion know how you deal with her stubborn ass but I guess thats cool."

I smiled, dapping him. "Thanks, Jay. And I love Ava. The last thing on my mind is hurting her."

Justice smiled too, nodding. "Yeah, I know. And Eli, now that you not in the streets hustling anymore, I want you to do good in law school and be best lawyer you can be. So I could call you when I get into some shit again."

I laughed. "You know imma be here for you, Jay, no doubt."

We got up and gave each other a brief hug before he walked to the front door and opening it. We caught Ava pretending that she just didn't have her ear to the door, eavesdropping. We laughed.

"Nosy ass," Justice smushed her head. "What you heard?"

"Nothing. If y'all would've talked louder, I probably could've made it some words," She rolled her eyes. I smiled, pulling her closer to me by her waist. She looked at Justice, then at me.

"It's cool, Av. We talked," Justice assured, with a smile. "But I'm gonna go. You coming?"

"Nah, I'll stay here," Ava told him and he nodded before telling us bye and going to the elevator.

I pushed Ava in the my apartment again, locking the door.

"Where were we?" I asked, kissing her again. She smirked against my lips, stripping me naked already.

"I was about to show how much I missed you," She whispered as I laid her on the kitchen counter.

...

3 years later

Ava

Elijah and I laid on the bed, staring at his law diploma, grinning. He had graduated from law school today and he was gonna start his new job at his father's law firm on Monday. I couldn't be more proud of him.

I am 21 now and Elijah is 24. I moved into Elijah's apartment as soon as my 21st birthday had arrived. He was finished with school now and I had 2 more years to go. But luckily, I landed a job as a secretary at the Sephora headquarters in the city, to keep the money flow going.

Elijah was officially out the game and instead got a internship as lawyer's assistant that paid him well too. Now he was gonna be a real lawyer and make the real dough.

"Baby, I'm so proud of you," I smiled, kissing his lips. He smiled, caressing my cheek.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Ava. I love you, girl," He said, taking me by the waist.

"We love you too," I replied.

"We?" He questioned, confused.

I grinned and nodded, rubbing my stomach. "We."

He gasped. "You mean imma be a-"

I nodded and chuckled at his reaction. "You gonna be a daddy, bae."

He laughed, pulling me on top of him. "I hope get a girl, baby."

"Why?"

"Cuz I want her to look just as beautiful as her mama," He smiled. I smiled too kissing him.

Words couldn't express how happy I was. Life was finally looking up and I felt like it would for a long time, as long as I got Elijah and our baby with me.

...

THE END !!!