Chapter 7 : "I Can't Believe This"

Peach in MM

I woke the next mornng to an empty house. I walked around the house, looking for something to do but I was tired of playing the Xbox and watchng tv. So I called Shayla and Peach to see if they wanted to do anythng.

"Wassup, Mrs. Rose?" Shayla answered, laughing a little. I rolled my eyes. Rose was Elijah's last name.

"Shay, it's way too early for this," I said, gigglng a little too. "But anyway what y'all got planned for today?"

"Well Peach's boyfriend is having a pool party," Shay said.

"You tryna come, Av?" Peach asked. I thought about it because Elijah did say I wasn't allowed to go anywhere without him but I really didn't wanna wait.

"Yeah," I agreed. "I'll come."

"Okay, we'll pick you up around 6, iight?" Shay said and I said okay and we hung up.

I went to take a shower and dug in my suitcase for a bathing suit. Luckily I packed everythng I had in my closet because it was in there. I decided on a bright red two piece that had straps that wrapped around my neck for the top. I looked in the mirror, liking how it made my body look and threw a sundress over it with flip flops.

I packed a swimming bag and by the time I was ready, Shay and Peach was already outside.

"Ava!" They both said once I got in the car.

"Hey, babies," I said hopping in the backseat. "I missed y'all."

"Oh girl stop lying," Peach laughed. "You know you wasn't thinking about us with Elijah's fine ass living with you."

I laughed. "Of course I was. It's boring as fuck in that place. I needed to see my girls."

"Yeah, yeah, but so what happened in there so far?" Shay asked.

"Well...we just been chilling and watching movies and talking. And last night I admitted that I had a crush on him," I smiled.

"Oh my god, what'd he say?" Peach asked.

"He...kissed me," I chuckled, looking down as they both darted their eyes at me.

"Oh my god!!" They both squealed, excitedly. I laughed.

"Do you believe us now, Av? He kissed you girl!" Shay said. "What more proof do you need?'

I shook my head. "You two are ridiculous."

We pulled up to Peach's boyfriend house and stepped out. The party was already hyped. Music was playing, people were dancing in bathing suits, drinking, and swimming in the pool. I went to the table with drinks on it to get a cup.

I took a sip of some Ciroc and walked over to Peach, her man, and Shay talking.

"Ava, this is my boo Zeke," Peach introduced. "Zeke this is my best friend Ava."

I shook his hand. "It's nice to finally meet you. Ya party is dope."

He chuckled. "Aye thanks, sweetheart. Enjoy yaself. I'm about to kick it with the homies, iight baby?"

Peach nodded and they shared a kiss before he left to sit with some dudes on the other side of the pool.

"Ooh, P, he's cute,'" I said. "Nice brown skin and long dreadlocks dude. I see you!"

She laughed. "You know how I do, girl!"

We high fived and started to dance. We drank, swam around in the pool, and I even slow danced with some guys that was eyeing me. I had so much fun I completely forgot about Elijah and having to be home before he got home.

Shay rolled up to Elijah's place around 11 at night and I was slightly tipsy. Not too much though. Once I got inside, I saw Elijah sitting on the couch looking pissed.

"Hey, Elij-"

"Where you been?" He cut me off.

"I went to a pool party," I said, looking at the ground. "I'm sorry."

"Ava, didn't I tell you to stay here and go out unless I go?" He asked, rhetorically.

"Elijah, I was bored and you weren't here. So I just left. I said I was sorry." I folded my arms.

He shook his head. "When you gonna grow up? Do understand how serious this shit is?"

I sighed. "Look I really don't wanna argue, Elijah. So save the drama, okay?"

"Nah, Ava, I'm not gonna save the drama. I already told you not do shit like that and look what you did. And I bet if I come over there you gonna have alcohol on your breath too! Com'ere, now!" He instructed pointing to the seat near him.

"You are not my father or Justice!" I yelled, angrily. "Stop trying to control me!"

"Well I'm the only nigga who give a fuck about protecting you right now!" He yelled back. "Justice left you and ya pops don't know shit about whats going on and he can't even help you if he did know. I'm the only one here, Ava!"

Tears fell down my face and I stormed to my room, slamming the door. I cried a little and I heard Elijah knocking on the door.

"Ava...I'm sorry. Open up. I wanna talk to you," He said in a calm voice. I reluctantly opened the door and he came in and hugged me. "I'm sorry," He repeated.

I sniffed, burying my face in his chest.

"I'm just tryna make sure you iight," He said softly, rubbing my back. "Truth is..."

I looked up at him as he trailed off his sentence. "What?"

He sighed. "Truth is, I like you Ava. A lot. You cool to be around and I just like chilling with you. These past few days with you made me realize that you really grew up and I like it."

I wiped my eyes, looking up at him and he was staring right back into my eyes, seriously.

"Tonight when I came home," He continued. "And I didn't see you, I panicked. And I just lost it cuz I thought something happened to you."

"Elijah, I'm sorry," I whispered, still in his embrace. "I don't want you to think that I'm not grateful for you protecting me because I am. And I like you too, I just didn't know you liked me back."

He smiled a little, showing off his dimples. "Well now that you do, you mind if I do this?"

He leaned down and kissed my lips. I kissed him back, taking hold of his neck. We pulled away, laughing a little.

"I can't believe this is happening," I mumbled, grinning.

"Me either," He smiled too, kissing me again.