Chapter 5 : Settling In

Shayla in MM

The next day, I was walking around the block with Shayla and Peach, just talking. I could hardly wait to bring up what happened last night.

"You two are never gonna even believe what happened," I said after Peach finished talking about her new man.

"What?" They both asked.

"I'm moving in with Elijah," I smiled widely.

"What?" They both screeched, stopping in their tracks.

"Hold up, you didn't even tell us yall were dating," Peach said.

"We're not," I sighed. "Look you can't tell anyone about this though. I'm not even suppose to be telling yall this."

"Well come on, girl," Shay said. "You already know us. We won't say shit. Spill it."

I explained to them the whole situation about Justice and the guys looking for us, and Elijah needing to protect me. By the time I was finished, they looked at me with shock, confusion, and a little excitement.

"Ooooh, y'all gonna make love all night, Av," Shayla laughed and Peach joined in.

"Watch you come back pregnant with 3 kids," Peach added and her and Shayla high fived.

I gave them a straight face. "Ohh, stop playing. we already talked it over last night and nothing like is going to happen."

"And if it does?" Peach asked. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Okay, what if you in the shower and he comes home a little tipsy and accidentally sees you naked? And he starts kissing on you and shit and turning you on. Would you give it to him?"

Shay and Peach stared at me, waiting for me to answer. "Well," Shay said. "Will you?"

I thought it about. "I don't know, guys, you know I'm still a virgin. Besides Justice will murder the both of us if he found out we had sex."

"True, true," Peach nodded. "But I'm just saying, Av, not a lot of girls has the opportunity to move in with their crush. You better take all you can from this."

I shrugged. "We'll see what happens I guess."

After walking around a bit and talking, I went back home to start talking to my parents about moving out for a little while. They were both sitting in the living room watching tv, cuddling on the couch.

"Ma, dad, can I talk to you?" I asked standing by the living room door. They turned to me and my mom muted the tv.

"Yes, baby?" She asked.

"Uh, I just wanted to tell y'all that Justice is really sick, even though you might not care," I said and their faces remained unchanged. They didn't say anything so I continued. "But I was just wondering if I could spend the summer with him so that I could I could take care of him."

They looked at each other and talked low so I wouldn't hear.

"Fine," My dad said, looking unexcited. And that was that. No "how is he?" or "what sickness does he have?" They simply didn't care enough about Justice to ask.

But luckily, they said yes and thats all I needed, honestly.

I went upstairs and laid on my bed, grabbing my phone to call Elijah.

"Hello?" He answered on the second to last ring, sounding as if he was sleeping. I must have woke him up.

"Hey, Elijah, it's Ava."

"Oh wassup, Ava?" He said, trying to hide the sleep in his voice but he failed. Regardless, he sounded sexy though. "What did ya parents say?"

"They just said yes. I just asked them and they believed me," I told him, peeking over my shoulder to see if my parents were around.