Chapter 4 : Moving In

Elijah in MM

"Okay, goodnight, Ava." My mom said, putting away the last dish that we washed in the cabinet and pecking my cheek.

"Night, ma," I said, watching her walk upstairs. I looked at the time on the cable in the living room and saw it was 10:30. I decided to take a quick shower and change before I had to meet up with Elijah.

I changed into some pink leggings, a white v neck, a Victoria Secret Pink hoodie, and some sandals. Then I pulled my hair up in a ponytail. By the time I was ready, I heard tiny rocks hitting my window and I looked out to see Elijah standing down in the backyard in a plain white tee, basketball shorts, white socks, and Adidas slides.

"Come on," He whispered, pointing to the tree.

"I can't climb," I whispered back.

"Just try, I'll catch you," He said, going next to the tree.

"But Elij-"

"Come on," He repeated, holding out his hands. I climbed out the window and placed one leg on the tree and tried my best to climb down.

"Elijah..." I said, once I managed to get myself fully on the tree.

"I got you," He said, gently grabbing me and placing me on the ground. "Come on."

We got in his car and started to drive slow.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Uh, you hungry or something?" He asked.

"Umm, sure," I shrugged.

"Iight, we could go to Chili's, cuz I'm starving," He said, rubbing his stomach.

"Cool," I replied, trying not to show my excitement. I had on a poker face but honestly I couldn't wait to be eating with Elijah. It was an old childhood fantasy I had.

We took a seat in Chili's and I looked over the menu. I scanned it, peeking over at him as he concentrated on his. He was so cute.

After we ordered, I stared at him patiently as he sent a text in his phone. He finally looked up at me about 5 whole minutes later, as I was staring at him.

"What?" He asked, looking confused. I shook my head. Is he serious?

"You brought me here to tell me about whats going on?" I reminded him. He started laughing, showing off his white teeth and beautiful smile. I couldn't help but laughing a little too.

"Oh yeaah, damn my bad," He said, putting his phone away. "I thought you was eyeing my sexiness."

He looked down at himself and then at me licking his lips and winking. I laughed, lightly tapping his arm.

"Elijah, don't play with me," I said. "Whats happening?"

"Iight," He said, getting serious, licking his lips. "Justice is in Mexico."

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"He's hiding from the cops, Av. They found him," He explained. "Those niggas I was telling you about earlier ratted him out so that they could be running the streets instead of Justice because he's higher than them."

"Oh my god," I covered my mouth. "Is he okay?"

"He's iight," He shrugged. "He just told me to keep an eye on you until he gets back."

I raised an eyebrow. "Wait hold up, what?"

"I'm keeping an eye on you until he gets back. These niggas is dangerous, Ava. They know you too. They might hurt you."

"So how are you gonna keep an eye on me if I live with my parents and you live across town?" I questioned.

"You gonna move in with me," He said, dead serious. I raised both of my eyebrows, trying to see if I heard him correctly.

"I'm sorry, I thought you said I was gonna move in with you. I must be buggin," I said chuckling.

"I did say that and I'm serious. I can't take any risks, Ava. This is the only way I could know for sure that you're okay," He explained. "You could tell your parents that Justice needs you to stay with him because he's sick or something. But you can't stay there. Its dangerous."

"Okay, so you're basically going to be babysitting me?" I asked.

"Don't look at it like that. Just think of me as a body guard," He smiled. "I'm gonna protect you."

I felt warm inside once he said that, already feeling safe. I was overexcited that I got to stay with him. Wait until Shayla and Peach heard about this. They gonna give me the "true love" speech and shit.

I sighed, giving in. "Okay, fine, I'll move in."

He chuckled, taking a sip of his Coke. "Good, cuz you didn't have a choice anyway. You was moving in regardless. Even if I had to drag you by ya feet to my crib."

I smirked, rolling my eyes. "Oh whatever! But we need to set some rules first."

He put down his drink and looked at me, giving me his full attention. "Like what?"

"Okay, you gotta let me go out with my friends sometimes. You can't be dragging out of places like you usually do."

"Nah. Thats for your safety. I don't do it for fun."

I folded my arms, staring at him with a straight face. He sighed after he caught on to my look.

"Iight, fine, BUT I gotta come too and keep an eye on you, wherever you go," He bargained.

"What if I decide to go to a male strip club?" I joked. He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh hell nah, you not allowed there," He waved his hand side to side. I started laughing. "If you tryna see a male stripper, my uncle Lil P could come over and do a little dance for you."

I turned up my nose. "Ew, your 50 year old uncle? I'll pass."

He laughed. "Iight but I got some rules too."

"Mhmm," I said, waiting for him to speak.

"You can't be bringing no guests in my crib, don't interfere when I bring guests, no eating in the living room and no make up all over my bathroom."

"Anything else?" I asked, sipping my Sprite.

"Oh yeah, my room is off limits, especially when I'm not home," He added. "Don't go in there unless I say you could."

I laughed. "What you hiding in there?"

"Nothing, its just my space that I don't want to be messed with," He said. "So we good?"

I nodded. "But wait one more thing."

"What?"

"Please knock before you come into any room I'm in. I wouldn't want you to take a peek of my sexiness," I mocked him, licking my lips and winking at him. He laughed.

"You corny as fuck," He laughed, throwing a piece of straw paper at me.

Our food came and we ate and talked and I loved every minute of it. I always talked to Eli when we were younger but it wasn't until now I realized how intelligent he was. Justice was right.

I admired his ideas and thoughts and he made me laugh. I was excited to be staying with him, honestly. I couldn't wait.

We finished our meals and he drove me home afterwards. He walked me to the tree and we stopped.

"You gonna tell your parents tomorrow?" He asked. I nodded.

"I guess so," I said, shrugging, looking down at the grass.

"Iight, well call me and tell me what they say," He said.

"Alright, I will. Goodnight, Elijah," I said, starting to climb up the tree. He helped me and I managed to get in my window.

"Goodnight, Ava," He smiled, walking away. Damn he was fine. God gonna need to help me when I move in with him. Cuz if he smile at me like that again, I don't know what might happen...

---

Comment & Vote Pleaaase! 😁❤️💕💜