Chapter 14 : Time To Go

Ava

Sitting on the couch, I talked to Shayla and Peach on the phone as Peach cried to us about Zeke. Turns out, Shay was right. He was a player and he'd even try to holla at Shay on the low.

"Ugh, I wanna stab this muthafucka," Peach cried. "How the hell could he play me? Ooh when I see him imma chop his dick the fuck off! He better not scream too before I shove it right in his muthafuckin mouth and make him suck his own dick!!"

I held in my laughter. Peach was so dramatic when she was upset. I would've laughed at her comment but she hates when we laugh at her while she was upset. She saw it as disrespect.

"Peach," Shay said, obviously holding in her laughter too. "Calm down."

"Shay, no. I loved his ass and he pulls this shit on me? Hell nah!"

We listened to Peach plan about 7 different murder schemes for Zeke (her way of venting), when the doorbell rang.

"I got it," Elijah said, walking out from his room.

"Jay?" He asked, after opening it. I shot my eyes to the door and saw Justice standing there in regular clothes, all shaved and clean. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Wassup, Eli?" Justice smiled widely, dapping him hard and pulling him into a rough hug.

"What you doing here, bro?" Elijah asked, just as shock as I was.

"Ya lawyer is the bomb, man. He got me out," He smiled, looking over at me on the couch. "You not gonna hug me, Av?"

I smiled, dropping my phone and running into his arms. He picked me up and swung me around.

"Oh my god," I said, with tears of happiness in my eyes. "I can't believe you're here."

"Me either," He said, putting me down. "But its all over though. And Eli, I can't thank you enough for holding me down through this, bro. I appreciate it, man."

"Aye, you my brother. Its nothing," Elijah smirked.

"Thanks bro. But I guess its time for me to take Ava home now," Justice said, looking over at me. I frowned instantly. I didn't wanna leave. "Ion wanna keep her here to bother you anymore."

"Actually, Jay, we got something to tell-" Elijah started but I cut him off.

"Justice, lemme pack my bags," I said quickly. Justice looked at me and then at Elijah, suspiciously but shrugged.

"Iight, I'll be in the car," He said, turning to the front door. Elijah burned a hole in my face with his eyes but I never looked at him.

I just walked to the guest room and started getting my things together.

"Really, Ava?" He asked, standing at the door, watching me pack. "Thats how you feel?"

"Elijah, I couldn't do it..." I sighed, throwing clothes in my suitcase. "He's gonna be mad if he found out."

Elijah shook his head, chuckling to himself. "Here I am, saying I love you and shit when you don't give a fuck about me, clearly."

"Elijah, I do-"

"I told all my friends that you was my girl and let them clown me because nothing they could say would stop me from wanting to be with you," He continued. "I even went as far as to busting my ass to save you from danger, caring way to damn much about your safety when you didn't...And you telling me that you can't do something as simple as telling your brother about us?"

"Elijah, I love you! I loved you ever since I was 13. And now that we became closer, I love you even more. But Justice is my brother and I love him too. I can't choose between the two of you," I sighed, as tears ran down my face. "I don't know, okay? I just don't know."

Elijah nodded, looking hurt. "Well I guess you made your decision already. Its time for you to bounce."

He walked away, slamming his bedroom door. I continued to pack, trying to get myself back together. When I was done, I struggled to get my bags out the door.

Elijah came outside and saw me, walking straight past me and grabbing an apple. I looked at him but he continued on his way back to his bedroom, not saying a word to me.

I sighed, pushing my bags out and locking his front door.