Chapter 40

Carina's P.O.V.

"Hey baby," Ryder's smooth voice whispered as I awoke.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I teased him, my fingers wrapping themselves around the end of the pillow sitting next to me.

"For a while," he smirked, and I was surprised and a little freaked out by his honesty.

"You dork," I giggled, tightening my grip completely on the pillow, winging it around to smack him in the head.

He took the pillow to the face before pushing it to the floor. "That was a bad idea."

I playfully screamed, fully awake now as I threw the covers off of me. Ryder got out of bed, making his way towards me. I ran down the steps, smiling and trying to contain my giggles for the other boys' sleeping throughout the house.

Ryder was right behind me, and he was breathing heavily like he was out if shape. I got to the bottom level, running around the island in the center.

Unfortunately, Ryder grabbed me by my waist before I could round the corner. He used his damn sexy muscles to pull me towards him, all while I laughed and lightly fought to get away.

"You are so fucking adorable," Ryder smiled, looking into my eyes. "I love you so much."

I smacked his chest at his choice of language before he leaned in to face battle me.

A few seconds in, someone cleared their throat, grasping Ryder and my attention. Nolan was sitting on the couch watching television. I hadn't even realized that he was there.

"Sorry," I mumbled, looking down and backing away from Ryder.

"You've got to be shitting me," Ryder mumbled under his breath and it took all my energy not to slap him.

Nolan looked lonely on the couch, the way he has been for a few weeks now, since I ended whatever we had.

"Nolan, you don't understand, I don't want to be around someone who drinks like you!" I yelled, trying to get my message across his damn brain.

"Why darling? It was just a few."

"Because! Okay? Can't you just decrease the amount for me?" I practically begged, but it was to that point.

His eyes met mine, as serious as I've ever seen them. He had bags underneath his eyes, from the lack of sleep these few days that I probably caused. Nolan's head dropped slightly as he shook his head no.

I could tell he was trying to keep himself together, and same was I.

My mother always told me that people like Nolan, the ones that won't try to change, don't deserve me; I just never knew it could hurt like this.

I didn't have to explain my father to Nolan, which I am certainly thankful for. Abby, Ryder and my family are the only ones who know about him.

My mind started to wander to tomorrow's plans. I was leaving tomorrow, to move back with Abby.

I bet Abby was so lonely back at the apartment. It must've been a long few weeks without me, but Simon and Management had insisted that it would be safer for Abby and look better for Harry.

"Where's Harry?" I asked, my voice so quiet I doubt anyone heard me. I hadn't seen him since the show, and I didn't see him on the bus home.

Ryder looked over, his eyebrows raised at the question. He looked at the time on the stove, "Um he should be at Abby's right now."

"What? Why is he there?" I ask, a little frantic for her. I didn't know if she was comfortable alone with him yet, and if she would tell him the news or not...