Chapter 37

Harry's P.O.V.

Numb.

That's what I felt right now, the pain and emotion was so unbearable I was... numb. The white of the hallway wasn't helping either, not that colors would make a difference, but the lack of color just kept reminding me of it.

My mistake.

I dropped my head into my hands, a sob threatening to take over as I felt Liam's hand on my back. I was the reason she was lying in the hospital room across from me, fighting for her life.

Jennifer forced me to watch, and the images wouldn't stop replying, over and over they haunted me. Each slap, each thrust, each everything. I had tried so hard to break through the restraints, I needed to help Abby.

I looked back up, back to the white walls, my breathing erratic as I tried to keep my mind stable.

Liam and Louis sat on either side of me, and somehow they were quietly sitting, patience shown throughout their worried features. It had been two hours of nothing, nurses and doctor's coming in and out of the room. The silence and worry was killing me, as well as the others, I could see it written on their faces.

I wanted to know where Nolan, Carina, and Ryder were, but I couldn't bring myself to ask, the silence was too consuming.

A cell phone rung, disrupting my silence. It was Liam's, I noticed as he leaned sideways to grab it out of his pocket.

I looked over at him, Liam took a breath before answering. His voice sounded empty as he spoke to Ryder, arguing whether or not to allow Carina to come.

"Ryder, I'm serious, she shouldn't be around this. Harry can barely keep himself together. I've got to go." Liam spoke, ending the call right after. Letting out a long breath, he stood up and started to make his way down the hallway.

Another doctor went into the room as a nurse came out.

I sucked in a breath, the images coming back again. Her screaming. I put my head on Louis' shoulder, and to my surprise, he didn't flinch or push me away.

"HARRY!" Abby screamed as Gavin pulled her towards the mattress, partially by her hair as well as her body. The fact that she was screaming my name to another man wrenched at my heart. 

I tried to fight back, knowing what was about to happen, but it was useless. I wasn't strong enough compared to those guards.  I kept my eyes on her, as if my gaze would keep her safe. I'd never seen her this exposed, and I cursed myself for thinking about how her body was a wonderland. I watched Gavin throw her on the mattress, her body limp against his force, cuffing her hands to the corners.

I felt myself getting shoved into a cold chair, multiple ropes wrapping around me and tape being placed over my lips.

"Harry!" Abby called again, trying to look up at me, her voice getting softer in fear. 

She tried to move away from Gavin as he undressed himself, looking up towards me, but Gavin slapped Abby so hard she flew down onto the bed. Her eyes were in terror, a look I will never get over.

My stomach dropped, and I turned my head to look away, when a cold hand grabbed my jaw with a crushing pain. 

"You fucking watch Styles, or both of you are dead." Jennifer said, releasing my jaw towards the scene again. I couldn't watch the woman I love become violated.

Gavin was pulled at the hem of her shirt as she started to sob, begging over and over for him to stop. There was nothing I could do. 

"Hey," Louis soft voice whispered, pulling me in for a hug, "It's alright, it's over."

A few tears rolled down my cheek, and this time I didn't even try to hold them all in. I started sobbing uncontrollably, "I fucked up so bad."

Louis said nothing, because he knew I was right.

Carina's P.O.V.

I sat in the guest room bawling as Ryder held me, not shushing me to relax, just cradling my back and forth. He allowed me to cry and be mad at him. Maybe I was overreacting, but would you have the same feelings if your friend was at the hospital fighting for her life because of her boyfriend and your boyfriend could've stopped it but was drunk?

I was mad at everything. I was furious with Harry, allowing such a thing to happen. Nolan was drunk, and he could've done something, but no, he was drunk, just like my father always had been. As soon as that bastard is sober, we are done.

I was mad at Ryder because he wouldn't take me to see Abby; so I guess I should be mad at Liam for telling Ryder not to bring me. I was mad at myself for letting her out of the house, for bringing her on this damned trip.

I held onto to Ryder, he was the last stable thing in my life. He was the only thing that has ever been stable in my entire life.

My emotions were a complete mess, I was a mess, this was a mess.

"Ryder," I asked, looking up at him. He pulled his head back, ducking his chin to his chest so he could see my whole face. "I need to see her, I need to know that she's still here."

He looked at me skeptically, and I noticed fatigue in his eyes.

"You know what Liam said princess," He said quietly as he tucked my head underneath his chin, swaying me back and forth.

Normally, it never fazed me when he called me princess, but this time something ignited in my chest. I could feel his heart beating in my ear, and I looked up at him again.

Before I realized what I was doing, I did another thing that would later send me into a confused state.

I kissed him.