Chapter 19

Harry's P.O.V.

Twisting the knob, the heavy brown door creaked open. I slowly peered around the wood, my face meeting Abby's.

I was suprised she had shown, I figured she was going to need space.

I furrowed my eyebrows, Abby's lips were moving, but nothing was coming ou-

Just then Abby reached out and grabbed my left side of my headphones, pulling it out. She let go after a second and the ear piece smacked into my head. I had forgotten I was wearing them. Grabbing the top of headphones, I pulled them forewards and off of my head. I looked behind me at the trashed hotel room, wishing it was cleaner. I shook my hair in another attempt to fix my hair.

"I asked if I could come in." Abby's sassiness (A/N: sorry if that's not a word lol) was back, just like normal.

I smiled and opened the door as she walked through into the trashed room. Closing the door after Abby, I followed behind her.

She sat down in the single chair that was in the corner of the room. I sat on the bed across from her.

I smiled as she looked around, seeming to not care about the "horrid mess" that Carina would call it. Her eyes finally focused onto me, like her inner-self was pushing to say something, but was still afraid to.

"What time is it?" I attempted at small talk, pulling my phone out. 12:09 A.M. I tried to slide my phone back into my pocket, breathing in the awkward of the room.

"Wow it's late," I concluded, and she nodded her head.

"I couldn't sleep," Was all she stated, her reason relaxing me ever so slightly. Abby wasn't here to talk about Gavin. Or so I thought.

"Harry," she started, dragging my name out slowly.

I looked at her face, trying to let her know that I was listening.

Her eyes darted away as she swallowed.

"There was a man at AppleBee's tonight, that I knew." Abby told me as quickly as she could, her eyes moisting as she focused on something across the room. I nodded for her to continue.

"His name is Gavin, and he's my ex-boyfriend." A lonely tear slid down her face, and she held back a sob.

I reached over and grabbed her hand squeezing it, "Take your time."

Abby's P.O.V.

"Take your time," Harry said, emphasizing that he wasn't going to force this out of me.

That's when I lost it for the second time tonight. I started shaking and a few tears escaped. The hitting, the kicking, the... the anger all came back. But I quickly recovered, all as Harry waited.

He pulled his hand away from mine, and I frantically searched for someplace to focus. I decided the styrofoam cup on the floor was a good choice.

After I had gathered myself, I decided to start again. "Gavin is my ex-boyfriend. Him and I dated in high school. S-Senior year."

Harry's eyes bore into mine, hee was trying to understand, and I found myself getting lost for a millisecond. Focus Abby, I reminded myself.

"G-Gavin hurt me, a lot," I continued.

I shuttered, remembering the night I had finally got enough courage to break up with him.

"He would get jealous of other g-guys all the t-time and humiliate me in front of everyone." I took another deep breath, Harry nodding to go on.