Chapter 36

Harry's P.O.V.

"You have five minutes."

I sighed, five minutes may not be enough, but I had to try. I loved her and right now she thinks of me on the same level as Gavin.

"Where to start," I said, looking to the ceiling, as if that would help me.

Abby stayed silent, patiently wait for my explanation.

"My father left me when I was very young, and it was always my mum and my sister Gemma. Money has always been tight and to put it simple, life sucked. 

When I met Harry and our friends, we had an insane time becoming a band. After we had our first gig we all went out to celebrate at some bar, I don't even remember the name. That's where I first met Jennifer. We started to date and she offered to help me search for my dad.

I would pay her a few thousand a month, but then she got greedy after she couldn't find anything on him. I never even knew if she was searching for him but I just assumed she was; I trusted her. Finally it wasn't about just the money, she made me sleep with her." I cringe, and the words practically just keep falling out of my mouth. I would say anything for the love of my life to stay. Did I really just think that?

"It was horrible, whenever we would fight, Jennifer would threaten to drop my dad's case, and I couldn't risk that. So many times I wanted to break up with her, and stop the madness, but she wouldn't allow me. I had to up the pay every single time I attempted to break up with her, which sucked.

"Finally she just broke up with me, which was a miracle in itself," I chuckled a bit, and Abby grinned in amusement. I well knew I was over the time but she needed to know the whole thing.

"After begging her and sleeping with her a few more times, she reluctantly agreed to continue searching."

"Did she ever find anything?" Abby piped up, and I could tell she was starting to understand. I was a little worried

"Nope." I replied, shaking my head. Inside, I was so glad that she was talking to me, even if she was across the room and shit.

"Anyways, life kinda went back to normal except for all this shit, which I will explain." I waved my arm in the air, representing everything around us.

"First of all, I lied and told everyone that I was cheating on you with Jennifer, because Nolan found her name on my phone when she was calling, and I was behind on my payments. Louis got so mad at me for doing that and that is why we got into that fight at the interview, which I am so sorry about hurting you. I honestly didn't mean to and if you never want me to touch you again I will respect that.

"Management got down my neck from that fight with Louis, and I completely regret it. I shouldn't have lied to you in that hospital room, but I did and I'm sorry." Her eyes glazed over as she remembered everything.

"When I left the hospital the paps were saying terrible things about you, which I won't tell you unless you want to know, and my temper went off on the men."

I waited in case she wanted to know what they had said, and to my surprise, she stayed silent.

I continued, "The car crash was Jennifer, coming at me to get the money, which she did. Jennifer literally had me by the strings, pulling me around to get what she wanted. And there was nothing I could do about it because I wanted to find my dad.

"The ransom was also her, and I had to go into hiding. Abby, you have to believe me, I wanted to see you so badly and explain all of this shit. You and Liam weren't supposed to see me that day at the coffee shop. I got into so much trouble with Jennifer when she found out about that, which wasn't your fault at all, and she dropped my case. So I'm completely on your side now, there's nothing attached to Jennifer at all, not anymore."