Chapter 35

Ryder's P.O.V.

I came back upstairs from attempting (and failing) to clean the blankets Abby vomited on. That girl was having an intense dream about something. She kept mumbled shit about Harry and not hitting her. I know the old Harry would never hurt a girl on purpose, especially Abby, but I'm not so sure about this new Harry.

Carina and Liam were in the corner, discussing who in the hell knows what. I ran my hand through my hair, stressed out to my maximum; I don't know how much longer I could take all this.

I stared across the room at Carina. God damn-it, why did the guys have to drag her into and Abby into this shit. Her eyes didn't have that sparkle that they used to have, like when we were younger or when she first came. I didn't know where Nolan was, and I was hoping to get a moment to talk with Carina, not to complicate things even more, but to explain everything to her. Why I left without a goodbye, never got in touch and basically fucked everything up. My jealousy of Nolan and her was getting to the point where it was uncontrollable.

Making my way over to Carina and Liam, I was suddenly cut off by a frantic Paul, "Where is Abby?"

I looked around, trying so very hard not to have eye contact with him, "I think she went to get some air."

He didn't even acknowledge my help, just ran off to his security guards, who were tracking all of our cell phones.

"Something is wrong with her," Carina said, obviously not on Harry and Abby's side anymore. "She only has those kind of dreams about Gavin, I've never heard her have a dream like that about Harry."

I walked up to them, not adding my thoughts to their conversation, "Paul wants to know where Abby is."

A worried look immediately crashed onto Carina's face, and I wished I hadn't said anything.

"She went outside, she said she needed some air." Liam said, moving over to the sliding glass doors, pulling them open and stepping onto the patio.

All the color drained from Carina's face and now I really wished I hadn't said anything; I really just wished I could've grabbed her and held her, hiding her away from this fucked up time. I could still do that, being friend-zoned and all, but it wouldn't be the same.

Liam came back, holding the frames of the opened glass doors, "Her car is gone."

I felt all my blood run cold, and Carina's face flush to absolutely no color.

"Paul!" I called, turning around and running downstairs to find him. This is when the minutes mattered, the seconds mattered, time mattered.

I rushed down the stairs, Paul was huddled around the other guards, and they were all staring at his phone.

"Paul," I called completely out of breath, which was a little sad, but I didn't care.

"She's gone, she left." I said, and he nodded sympathetically, like he already knew. Carina and Liam trailed behind me, everyone worried.

"Her phone was last traced by the Starbucks on 87th." Paul said, looking to us.

"That's where we last saw Harry," Liam said staring at the ground, pondering our next move.

Silence loomed throughout us, nobody daring to say anything. We all knew what was happening.

"Can you look at where she is now?" Louis piped up, and for a moment I had forgotten that he was still here.

"I guess so, but it would take some time," One of Paul's workers said, already pulling out his laptop.

Nolan walked into the room, completely oblivious of what was happening around him. He had his phone in one hand and a drink in the other.

"Harry just texted me, what's going on?" Nolan slurred, and I shook my head. Could this day get any worst?

Carina's jaw dropped, I guess she had never seen Nolan in this state before.

"Are you drunk Nolan?" She asked, taking a step back.

He didn't respond, just took another swig of his scotch. That's when Liam intervened, taking the phone out of Nolan's hand and leading him out of the room.

Carina turned to me, stunned. "I didn't know he drank."

I nodded, saying nothing in return. Liam came back in with Nolan's phone.

"Harry's been texting Nolan this whole time for help."

Harry's P.O.V.

It had been two hours, and there still was no reply. I typed another message, telling them Abby was in critical condition. I probably should've called nine-one-one by now, but I couldn't risk Jennifer hearing me.

Jennifer hadn't taken my phone, but Gavin had taken Abby's.

Abby sat in the opposite corner of the room, drifting in and out of sleep. She wouldn't allow me to go within arm length of her, for some reason. It was so painful just sitting there, watching her fall asleep crying, then wake up in pain, screaming. I wanted to comfort her so bad, let her know that this was all my fault and that I'd get us out of this. She'd refused to say anything about Gavin, including what he had did to her; I had noticed rope burns on her wrists, which just made me worry even more.

I knew I shouldn't have texted Nolan, he was probably off getting drunk somewhere, his phone sitting on the floor of a bar. His number was the only one I knew, and I still wasn't even 100% it was his.

One bar. That was probably the reason I wasn't getting any messages back, or that Nolan wasn't getting any of mine.

It was dark and nasty in here, and I was starting to worry if Abby could make it through the night if we would be stuck here.

"Abby," I tried again, not moving towards her for in fear of a repeat of earlier.

"What Harry!" She mumbled with all the force she could muster.

"Are you okay?"

She pulled her head up and looked me in the eyes like I was the dumbest person on the planet; which probably was true.

"I'm so sorry," I said, trying to see why she was so mad at me in the first place.

"You should be," she snapped, her firewall was up and I couldn't get to the Abby I knew that lie behind the wall.

I sat in silence, I knew she didn't know about my dad, so why was she so mad? For all I knew that she knew is that we were both kidnapped for some reason.

She looked at me, and finally broke the silence. "What the hell am I doing here, Harry?"

This one I did not know the answer too, why she left the house and let Jennifer take her, I would assume Paul and Simon would have her and the others in complete lock down. My patience was growing short, "I don't know."

"Well you were the one who texted me." She said, sitting up so that she was leaning against the cold wall.

I furrowed my eyebrows in utter confusion, "But I don't have your number on this phone, and the other one is destroyed."

She looked at me with the same expression that I held on my face as well.

Then it hit me, "Jennifer must've gotten my old phone and texted you."

Her face dropped a little, "Please don't tell me this is the Jennifer you cheated on me with, then left out of the blue for me to pick up your fucking mess."

Abby was getting angry, and I could see the stress from the past week falling out of her, each hour of worry, confusion, and anger that I had missed on the run. Even though I didn't want to, it was time to explain everything. From the beginning to her, and maybe she could forgive me.

"Abby," I started, "I need to explain all of this to you, an d I know you are in excruciating pain and hate my guts right now, but I need you to listen to me so I know that at least you don't hate me because of my fuck ups."

She looked at me, her eyes starting to water again despite how much she's been crying today.

"You have five minutes."