Chapter 9

Harry's P.O.V.

I stood in Forever 21, shifting my weight every so often awkwardly. Nolan coughed and I stared at the racks and racks of clothing draped on hangers.

"Urm. When is she coming?" Liam asked quickly and quietly, not wanting to disturb any shoppers as he looked through some clothes.

"Yeah, I thought-" I started but was cut off by Louis.

"Heeeyyyyyyy Abby!" Louis practically screamed across the store, and mall.

He ran over to his final destination of where Abby stood, sipping a pink, glistening, smoothie.

The rest of us slowly followed Louis, pretending we had know idea who he was, as heads turned from everywhere trying to find the location of the noise.

"Why didn't you get me some?" Nolan asked as soon as we came to Abby.

She shook her head, "I don't know."

"Are you okay?" I asked, searching her eyes for emotion.

"Yeah where's Carina?" Ryder added, moving towards the group.

Abby's eyes immediately dropped to the floor as she took a huge sip of her smoothie.

Oh my god. What happened? I thought, my hand moving to hold my stomach. If something happened to Carina...

"I don't know that either." She said, her eyes finally meeting mine, filled to the brim with confusion and sadness.

"She normally would call or come back by now." Abby said, her voice shallow as tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"What do you mean by now?" I ventured, "This isn't the first time?"

Ryder's head shot up, glaring at me and shaking his head ever so slightly. Whoops, I had just dug into something I shouldn't have.

"Never mind," I said quickly, but it was too late.

Tears started rolling down Abby's cheeks as she went to hug me. Her arms wrapped around me and at first I was surprised. Looking around to the lads Liam nodded his head, and I slowly hugged her back.

"I'm sorry." I said when Abby pulled away from the hug, sniffling and wiping tears from her cheeks.

"It's okay. Last time this happened was when Carina's younger brother died a few years ago. He drowned," she continued.

"He was swimming in their pool a few days before Carina was going to come back and visit her family."

"We're so sorry. " Louis said. I nodded in agreement.

There was an awkward silence, as we all thought about her loss.

"I thought you said Carina had a sister here?" Liam asked, looking around.

"Erin." Ryder confimed. This was the first time he has said anything for a while.

"Oh my gawd!" Abby practically screamed. "How could I have been so dumb!"

Abby spun on her heel and sprinted out of the mall, leaving all of us standing there dumbfounded on what just happened.

"What." Louis stated, staring at where Abby last was.

"Should we follow her?" Liam asked. Weighing our options, we decided Nolan and I would go.

"But I wanna smoothie!" Nolan whined but followed me to my car.

"We'll stop at McDonald's on the way back." I promised and plopped into the car.

Starting the engine, I pulled out of the parking lot of the mall, heading after Abby's car.

Abby's P.O.V.

I was so stupid! Turning up my music, I continued to drive. The whole reason Carina came to London was to see her sister! I pulled into the Erin's driveway, turned the engine off, and slammed the door to my car. I walked right up to the front door and let myself in. I was family with Erin and Carina, everyone knows that.

I walked in to see Carina curled up on Erin's beige couch, and Sponge Bob blanket wrapped around her. I threw my purse and jacket on the floor next to me, removed my shoes and sprinted to the couch. I jumped and landed on Carina. We both giggled awkwardly but it grew silent quickly as we focused our attention to the television. White Chicks was on, and it was on the dance-off part. I loved this movie so much.

We sat awkwardly for a while, then I dared to ask, "Where have you been?"

Carina turned her head to look at me and said, "I had to get out of there, Ryder probably did the same."

I nodded and added, "He did, and we went shopping. I couldn't find you, normally you called me by now."

Just then, Erin walked into the room, her ginger hair pulled into a bun and she was dressed in sweats.

"Hey Abby!" She exclaimed, sitting down to join the movie.

"Hola chicka," I replied.

"How's life?" her eyes were locked onto the screen.

"Pretty good," I said, sitting back into the plush couch. Gesturing to Carina I added, "But this one ditched me when we went shopping."

Erin sat up, and looked between Carina and I, jaw opened and her eyes popping out of her head.

"This one," she asked in awe, pointing to Carina, "Skipped shopping?"

I nodded in conformation, as Erin shook her head.

Erin sat back as Carina started to protest, I didn't know they were shopping!" But we ignored her.

"So is it just you guys up her?" Erin inquired.

"Erm..." Carina said, shifting uncomfortably under her blanket.

"Yeah," I answered for her, suddenly feeling brave.

Carina looked at me eyes wide, biting her knuckle and shaking her head.

Deciding to go against her I said, "Some guys from a band, Carina used to know one of them."

Carina's head instantly dropped down, her face bright red as a fire truck. Erin's eyes filled with wonder and curiosity.

She was searching her mind for the person it could be.

"Wait! Oh my gawd. It can't be? Is it Ryder Donsen?" Erin shrieked.

What the hell? How did she know Ryder?

Just then my phone buzzed, and I scrambled to pick it up.

"Ello?" I said into the speaker.

"Did u find her?" Harry's voice asked on the other side of the line.

"Yeah we're at Erin's house, go back to the hotel we'll be back in a few hours." I replied.

"K coolio, see ya love." Harry's raspy voice echoed before he hung up.

Throwing my phone down I returned my attention to the movie.

Sensing the tension, Erin stood up and said, ""I gotta waz," and was gone.

"I told Harry we'll back back later, do you wanna talk?" I asked, slowly.

"Yeah," Carina answered, pausing the movie and turning to me.

"I'm kind of, I don't know, because Ryder left me and we were best friends, or so I thought, and he just kind of left me without saying goodbye to go live his life." Carina babbled and broke into tears.

"It's okay, Carina." I replied, not knowing what to say. I rubbed her back, "When do you wanna go back?"

"Not now." Carina said, grabbing the remote and turning the movie back on.

We both settled back into the couch, left with our own thoughts.