Philip x Reader [1]

Mulai dari awal

While the man with the afro regained his composure, Y/N continued to study him, eyeing the tan folder that he had dropped.

That... looks important.

She thought with a grin. She swiftly bent down and grabbed it, shoving it conveniently in her bag. While doing so she simultaneously held out her opposite hand for the man to grab.

"I'm so sorry sir. Here." She referred to her hand with a nod, in which he held no hesitation in grabbing. Once on his feet, he dusted his bright colored suit off.

With a smile he looked up towards Y/N. "I thought it should be me helping you up, kid?"

"I got to my feet faster sir. Benefits of still being young." She raised an eyebrow at the man who was still dazed from their small fall.

His jaw dropped in awe, though his eyes crinkled in amusement. "Was that a crack at my age?"

"Maybe." Y/N gave a dimpled smirk, taking in the surrounding mass of people going around the couple. "Anyway sorry for the trouble. You didn't break anything right?"

He let out a laugh, easily finding Y/N amusing. "Of course not." He paused, I'm Thomas Jefferson."

"No need for introductions when we're never going to meet again, Mr. Jefferson."

"You never know. Always nice to know a friendly face if you were to ever get in trouble."

Bored of the conversation that was only necessary to distract Thomas from his missing folder, Y/N ended it.

"That you are right Mr. Jefferson. In that case, see you around." She spoke, giving a small wave to the man while she walked away.

Thomas Jefferson remained on the sidewalk for a moment longer, watching Y/N walk away. He couldn't stop himself from being impressed with the teen's wisdom and maturity. With a sigh and a wipe over his beard, he continued his way to work.

\\\

Y/N ordered a free pizza with the use of the today's coupons. Turns out most of them could feed her for a while. Though instead of flipping through the rest of the various coupons, Y/N had started doing research on Thomas Jefferson. Within her research she discovered that Mr. Jefferson was in fact the Secretary of State. Having no interest in politics was the reason the teen didn't recognize him.

Grabbing the insipid folder beside her, Y/N opened it to find quite the opposite inside. Inside were many pages of what Y/N assumed to be Thomas' sloppy writing. Her eyes rapidly scanned the page.

Hamilton Embezzling Money

Proof??

Check stubs, from separate accounts. $1000 paid in different amounts. To Mister James Reynolds.

Yet to contact Reynolds. Tuesday night 8:00?

Headline, destroying Hamilton's career

"Immigrant embezzling our government funds"

Stapled to the bottom of that paper were indeed the check stubs. Y/N pulled her laptop across her lap and typed 'Hamilton' into the search bar. A Wikipedia page for the U.S Secretary of Treasury, Alexander Hamilton popped up.

I really need to get more into politics.

Y/N thought with a smile, flipping over to the next page in the packet.

Met with Hamilton. Jefferson, Burr, Madison.

NOT MONEY SCANDAL, SEX SCANDAL

23-year-old Maria Reynolds approached the married 34-year-old Alexander Hamilton in Philadelphia to request his help and monetary aid claiming her husband James had abandoned her. Hamilton was forced to admit to the affair after James Reynolds threatened to implicate him in Reynolds' own scheme. Hamilton paid him over $1,300 of blackmail money to maintain secrecy.

Hamilton admitted this to us, evidently in his own fear of being arrested for government money embezzlement.

This leaves us with a better way to ruin Hamilton's career.

"IMMIGRANT TREASURER CHEATS ON WIFE"

"HAMILTON AND REYNOLD'S SEX SCANDAL - NEWS OF TODAY"

"ALEXANDER HAMILTON RUINS CAREER"

The next few pages were drafts of article titles and article drafts in ways to expose Alexander Hamilton. Y/N frowned remembering how nice Jefferson was to her, but how mean he was being to this man. Coming to the conclusion that they were rivals, Y/N did more research on their work and history.

They didn't do much work together, and she found articles from drama channels reported their loathing hatred for each other. Y/N easily made her decision that Thomas Jefferson was an atrocious man; she discovered that he had raped and beat women and several teens. Alexander had a wife and kids and although he shouldn't have cheated, he shouldn't be exposed by someone who had done far worse either.

Y/N flipped back a page and looked through all of the check stubs. Each one held Alexander's home address. Tons of thoughts ran throughout Y/N's head at this information. Out of everything she has pickpocketed throughout all these years, never did she feel the need to dwell so deeply into anything. The teen felt a dire need to help Alexander before he makes it worse; he's known to be repulsive and self centered. A certain connection was made when she realized that Hamilton can ruin his family's relationship. Y/N never had a family, no one should throw theirs around so easily.

So, with a sigh Y/N typed Alexander's address into Google Maps on her iPod, knowing she would deeply regret this later.

Time to go fine the Secretary of Treasury.

A/N: Part one complete! You'll meet Philip in the next chapter, so stay tuned!