Hercules x Reader

Time: Present
Warnings: abuse, foul language

Beanie Guy

Y/N's POV

I work as a bartender in New York City. It's one of those bars with rowdy men who always try to hit on you. And you water down their drinks when they ask for more rounds, but they don't even notice because they are too drunk.

I'm in a relationship with a man named Sean that I actually met at the bar before I started working here. We've been dating for almost a year unfortunately. He's been abusive since our one month anniversary. And if I try to get out of the relationship, I'll get a nasty beating.

I know from experience.

So basically my life was miserable, the only time I could escape my abusive boy friend was at work. And I work at a place where some men are worse then him. But it pays the bills. God forbid by 'boyfriend' could help pay.

Instead he pays me with punches every night.

I wipe down the counter as men and women pour in the bar. I hated working the first shift.

Some hours flew by, forgotten each time I poured a new drink for a person with some horrible life story. As if. No one knows the story behind a bartender, and no one cares.

A group of men caught my attention by their singing. One with a goatee and ponytail was raising their glass to the men seated around him.

Seated around the goateed man was a freckled man, a darker man with poofy hair pulled back in a bun, and another darker guy wearing a beanie.

I didn't try to hold in my laughs as I heard their slurred singing. They may be the only entertainment I get tonight.

The one with the beanie spotted me laughing and tapped the freckle guy, pointing at me.

I looked away quickly but I saw the beanie guy get up from his seat.

Here we go.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a bar like this? Beanie man asked.

"Working." I mumbled not turning around to face him. I occupied my self by drying off some glasses. I heard the men behind me snicker.

Beanie man tapped me on the shoulder.

I swiftly turned around.

"What do you want!?" I asked, angrier than I meant to.

He smiled at me, "A drink love."

My clenched jaw left my face and I softened. I suddenly felt guilty.

"Apologies." I smiled. "What can I get you?"

"What do you recommend?"

"This is a bar not a fast food place." I chuckled but continued, "I prefer wine if you'd ask me, I'd try the red wine."

"A glass of red wine then." He said and sat on the stool next to him, waiting for his drink.

"What's your name sweetheart?" Beanie man asked.