52. You make me feel strange

Start from the beginning

"Come on River, its not that cold." She waved at River to come there as she played with water, a certain spark on her eyes.

And River watched.

He watched as she played with water, whole drenched. Her hair was all wet and the smile in her face revealed how much she was enjoying it.

Shaking his head, he walked towards her.

"Fuck, you liar, this is so fucking cold." He screamed, almost running away.

"Don't be such a party popper!" And Faye threw a handful of water towards him, making him glare at her playfully.

"Oh its so so on Lockwood." And the water fight begun.

With him trying to not make her go all wet and her trying to drench him.

She was doing horrible though.

"Alright alright, I am done. This got me all tired. All because of your stupid stupid height and stupid stupid athletic body." Faye folded her arms together, a pout resting on her lips.

He laughed at that, bending in front of her.

"What?" She asked, giving him a confused look.

"Well, I was giving you a free piggy back ride but, if you don't need it, then-"

"Oi, when did I say that?" And she grabbed his neck, lunging upon him.

"Come on my precious horse, get me to my humble abode."

"Really?" Faye could almost feel his smirk.

"Oh shut up! You were supposed to say, 'your wish on my command, your majesty' or something like that. Don't ruin it." She rolled her eyes, making him chuckle.

"Your wish on my command, your majesty." He said, walking towards the shore, making her head lay on his neck.

She inhaled in his familiar scent, making her go all dizzy. She looked at his head, her mind wandering away.

He stays.

Always laughing at her silly jokes, making her unapologetically happy.

His touch making her feel like stars are dancing across her skin.

He makes her feel things she did not know she was supposed to, he makes her feel things she did not existed.

He makes her feel.

"- and I don't want you to go around saying that its all River's fault I got this headache and a stupid running nose. I mean it will be hilarious but I don't want everyone to blame me... Faye, are you listening?" He stopped walking, making her snap out of her thoughts.

Is he that naive?

Does he feel anything that she is feeling?

Does he feel butterflies when he looks at her?

She looked at him, sighing.

"Faye?"

"Yah?"

"I will get you home. Get in the car." And she did, not saying anything, she walked up to the passenger seat and after closing the car door, she started playing with her bracelet, her thoughts on the certain brown haired boy.

The car ride was silent. None of them said anything, both of them lost in thoughts.

When they reached her house, River walked out of the car, opening the car door for her.

She watched as he held out his hand for her to take.

She did not take it and grumbling under her breath, she started walking towards the gate that was already being opened by the guard.

But before she could walk away, she felt his hand on her wrist that pulled her into him.

"Sunshine, what's wrong?" And she looked at him. She looked at him with affection, pure love, a small smile on her face when she saw his concerned eyes.

She placed a hand on his cheek, making him close his eyes for a second. And then, she whispered in her faint voice, her eyes tracing his every feature, "River, I feel things when I look at you. You make me feel things I- I do not want to feel, River. Whenever I look at you, I feel something weird in my stomach, I feel like there's a whole zoo in there. And I hate it. I hate it so much. I hate it that you don't feel like that. I hate it that I feel something so foreign towards you."

"I feel miserable at times but then I feel like the happiest person. You make me feel happy and sad at the same time. River, I am falling for you and you, you are not... that's where it went wrong. All wrong." And he froze.

He looked at her with something she cannot explain and realization dawned into her.

She shouldn't have said that.

She ruined everything.

"I-I-" She was going to apologise, trust me, she was, but instead, she felt a warm pair of lips against hers, engulfing her, making her realize that, maybe, just maybe, it wasn't a bad idea after all.
*****************************************

She was drowning.

She forgot how to swim.

She had to learn to do it all, once again.

Realising that you have to move yourself, with eyes full of determination, with a desire to live, love, smile.

It was a beautiful process.

Growing.

It was.

And now, she can look at herself without pure hatred.

She learned to love once again...

PS: I missed you all and if someone is still there, loving this story, thank you, thank you for being so patient with me, thank you for not leaving me, thank you for existing.