6. When he loved

"Have you noticed the bags under her eyes that she tried to hide with concealer and foundation or the anger issues that she has...

Her red lips still forced into a smile. Struggling to show everyone that she's a fighter, that she will be alright.

No one bothered to hold her close, to tell her that it's okay to not be fine.

So she breathed through her life as if it were a battlefield and wished that one day she would live, and not just survive."

                 -The Golden Girl

(Edited slightly by me but I don't own this)

************************************

"Thanks for being there with me. I mean you really didn't have to do that but... thanks." Justin said to Faye as they both exited from the nurse room that was at the end of the second building.

Faye bumped Justin's shoulder lightly, "Please, I was just helping out my friend. Plus, River kind of really beat the hell out of him. So, it is my responsibility to help him." She said, the smile never leaving her face.

Justin watched her in awe, he, himself accompanying a boyish grin, "You know, you really are nothing like the way they make you look like..." He said, shaking his head.

"What do you mean Walter?" She asked, chuckling to herself.

"Ah... you know, I mean, they make you look like a bit... ah, ah... they make you look bad..." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"They call me a bitch, a slut, a whore and well, sometimes a manipulating, pathetic, grandiose plastic doll who knows nothing but to throw makeup at her face."

"But you are nothing like that."

"How can you be so sure?" Faye asked him, laughing.

"She misses four classes just to make sure that a guy, who's a stranger to her, is alright. No matter what, she never leave her friends alone. She's someone who makes a brother understand his responsibilities, she's someone who never takes things for granted. I know Faye Lockwood enough to say that she's a beautiful person inside out." They stood near the second building's entrance.

She was smiling. She was smiling like an idiot, a warm feeling consuming her. She didn't even know this guy properly but he touched the right string of her heart.

"That was... too much, plus, were you trying to impress me? Cause honestly, it was way too cheesy for my taste." She smiled.

"Well, you call it cheesy, I call it the truth." Justin said, pouting as they crossed the main building's busy hallway.

"Why did you ask me out?" Faye asked all of a sudden, her curiosity taking the best of her.

"Honestly, cause I feel like there's much more of you than you show everyone. Like you're not the bitch that they call you. You probably don't remember but I once used to be in the student council with you. I don't know, I just feel strangely attracted to you." Heat rushed to her cheeks as he said those words.

"Thanks, I mean thanks for you know, thinking that I... I am special." She said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"The date is still on, right?" And when Faye shook her head, nodding, his smile got bigger if its even possible.

He really liked her.

"Well, since its lunch now, do you wanna grab some lunch with me?" Faye offered.