5. She's the queen, without a knight

They stared, they stared as she walked into the building, looking like a diva even in the bloody crooked uniform. Confidence, boldness, power reflected in her eyes.
No one knew about the darkness, the crumbling secrets, mistakes and regrets.
No one knew about the flaws...

-The Golden Girl

************************************

"Why isn't she breathing?"

"She's dead..."

"I will miss you, try to be good when I am gone, yah?"

"I could have gone away..."

"I wish they might have never born..."

"Do you think I care?"

Those haunting words kept on whirling around her mind. Those memories, those places, it made her feel sick.

Faye wanted to erase each and every memory, she wanted to move on from her sister's death, to vanish the throbbing pain of her heart.

She just wanted to be happy, she just wanted to live like any other teen of her age, she just wanted to lead a... a normal life.

Anger was evaporating through her nerves. Hot tears wield up her eyes as harsh reality once again entered her mind.

She fastened the speed of the treadmill and ran as fast as she could.

Her whole body was covered with sweat, hairs sticking out in her forehead. She looked kind of miserable with her eyes and nose red from constantly crying.

"You're meant to be strong Faye, you are strong." Sumner's voice revolved around her mind.

Yes, yes her sister is right, she's strong, she will have to be. Slowly and steadily, she slowed up her pace and eventually got of the treadmill.

Her eyes instantly fell on her buzzing phone that was placed on the side bench.

She picked it up, "Mads?"

"Are you ready for school, ladybug?" Faye heard Madeline's cheerful voice from the other side.

Its Monday today, which meant that they have school, that there are no parties, no booze for the next five days. Every pupil is ought to hate the beginning of the week, not that it only takes away the fun but cause it also dumbs submission dates and tons of homework in a student's lap.

And just like every other student, even Faye hated this day.

Rubbing her forehead with a clean towel, Faye exited the mini gym that was personally made for her and walked up to her room.

"Will be in fifteen minutes... well, so that ya know, you're my ride." And after babbling through the phone a little, Madeline hung up.

Heaving a sigh, Faye entered the bathroom. She ran the shower and felt the water running through her body. Her eyes instantly went to the foggy full length mirror that was placed in the wall.

She was the queen but... but at that time, she looked fragile, she looked dead.

Faye was good at hiding emotions, damn good. God, even her best friends did not know about her chaotic life.

And she liked to keep it that way...

She wanted to play the role of the same perfect girl in front of them.