summertime - calum

•we hit 5k bitches woo!!! thank you so much i love you all endlessly alllsooo bitch i keep getting into arguments with people help me someone be my friend thanks

-

"how long, luke?" ashton begged his friend who was sat in the drivers seat. you, your boyfriend - calum hood - and his friends were going on a trip to the beach.

"ashton, shut up." michael rolled his eyes, smiling as he did so. "we've got like half hour, you've been asking for the past three hours we've been in the car you dick."

"leave him alone!" you protest, laughing. "it is far away though, i don't blame him for asking."

"it was supposed to be just me and (y/n)." calum sighed, sinking into his seat.

"yeah, well, it isn't now is it." luke smirked, looking at you through the mirror, giving you a cheeky glance.

"we didn't bring any condoms anyway though, so they can't do anything." michael giggled, earning a slap from calum.

you smiled gently, letting the speedy wind soar through your hair as the car sped down the motorway.

"we wouldn't have done anything anyway - please don't forget the beach is a public place."

"no - actually, wait. they would of done it after their date like they always do and keep us up all night. like, remember when our album hit number one? or the first show of our tour? and pretty much after every single date?" ashton remarks.

"like, uh, uh, calum, uh." michael imitates, earning roars of laughter from the group.

"she doesn't sound like that!" calum shouted, then clapping a hand over his mouth.

"well, we heard her alright. pretty sure the neighbours know both your names no-"

"shut the fuck up, luke." calum giggled, snuggling his head into your shoulder.

-

"let's go into the arcades!" ashton insisted. the sky was hot blue, the sun beaming down on you all. an occasional gust of warm breeze corrupted your locks, the scent of sand and salt filling your nose. little kids with ice cream ran around as the sea swept in and out.

"what time is it? i want to be here to watch the sun set." luke says.

"it's only like, half eleven. we left well early, lukey." michael smiled, leaning into his friend.

"come on, let's go into the arcade like ashton wants to." you said, tugging them all across to the closest arcade.

as soon as you entered the arcade, calum pulled you away from the other boys to a game right at the back of the arcade in the corner, and cupped your cheeks, instantly planting his lips on yours roughly. you pull away quickly, leaving him with a sad look on his face.

"not here, not now, cal. later."

"why." he whined, pouting. "i just wanted a kiss."

"firstly, there's kids here. second of all, im pretty sure you wanted a lot more than a kiss."

"but i wanted a kiss." he sighed, and you slightly gave in, pecking his lips gently.

"hmph." he hummed, walking off to find the boys. you followed behind him, to find them playing a dance game.

"got some sick moves, luke." you giggled, making him jump and loose the game.

"for fucks sake (y/n)! i was winning against michael!"

"sure you were. well, you aren't anymore." michael sassed.

"should we get some lunch now?"

-

you had been at the beach for hours and hours on end, and as the commotion started to die down, all six of you were sat by the sea, chatting quietly.

"(y/n)? come here a sec." calum stood up and held your hand, leading you quite far away from the boys.

"i love you." calum muttered, resting his hands on your waist. his breathing was shaky, eyes wide.

"you okay?" you ask.

"yeah." calum clears his throat, reaching in to kiss you softly. he pulls away after a while, smiling gently.

"we've been together for what, three years now? almost four, in like three weeks i think. and, these three, four years have been the best years of my life. you are absolutely fucking gorgeous inside and out. a-and i know we're young, almost too young. what, im 24, and you're 21, going to be 22 soon. but." calum paused, reaching into his back pocket and falling onto one knee, your hand still in his. "will you, (y/n) (y/l/n), be mine forever?"

you feel a tear roll down your cheek as you nod, clapping and hand over your mouth, although it couldn't cover how wide your smile was.

"yes, yes, fucking hell, yes." you mutter, jumping into his arms as you press your lips forcefully against his. he kisses back, his lips moulding perfectly with yours. you feel his tongue swipe across your bottom lip, and you open your mouth. you stood there kisses for what felt like hours but was just mere minutes, and were interrupted by coughing.

"oi, what the fuck do you want lucas?" you roll your eyes, not being able to stop smiling.

luke chuckles in response. "come on, it's getting late, we've gotta go."

-

as you all got in the car, you stretch your left hand out in front of you and admire the large, stunning, glistening diamond on your ring finger.

"holy shit! calum!" michael yells, making everyone in the car jump; thank god nobody was driving and you were parked.

"jesus fucking christ michael! calm your shit! what's happened?" luke screeches back, making ashton jump for a second time. michael grabs your hand and abruptly shoved it in front of luke and ashton's noses.

"holy fucking shit, calum. why didn't you tell us? actually wait - don't worry about it. i guess she's the one, huh?" ashton and luke smile at you both.

"yep. she's the one."