lessons - calum

•if you haven't realised yet, i write a lot of these during lesson (apart from this one) aaaannnndddd psa to all teachers if i have my hand up that means i know the answer if i don't have my hand up that means i don't so dONT ASK ME FOR THE ANSWER YOU WET YOGURT sorry im angry enjoy this now!!! aLSO WE JUST HIT 2K WOO THIS IS SHIT THOUGH SO HAVE FUN

-

every single maths lesson was the absolute worst thing to exist, ever.

you sat at the front of the class, next to someone you never even spoke to, so every hour you spent in the dimly lit classroom with the monotonous teacher supposedly 'teaching' standing at the front was absolute hell. however, you crush, calum hood, was sat in the space behind you.

this was both good and bad - the good side was that you sometimes muttered a few words to him, occasionally asking him for a ruler or pencil if you or the person next to you didn't have one. the bad side was, that, the teacher always picked on you to answer the pointless questions. you pretty much either spaced out when you were asked, or said you didn't know, which made you seem unreasonably dumb, even though you weren't at all.

although one day, it changed. as you were walking out off the classroom, you heard your name being called. you ignored it, as they were probably calling for someone else with the same name as you, but you eventually felt a tap on your shoulder. it was calum.

he pulled you aside in the busy corridors so not to block the way.

"i know this sounds really cocky and mean, and please don't take this the wrong way - i understand the teacher we have now is shit, and i was wondering if you needed help with the work? im not calling you dumb, i swear, its just i don't want to see people making fun of you for not knowing something - even though all we learn is pretty much pointless." calum started rambling, and you cut him off with a smile.

"of course, calum, thank you. i would really appreciate that."

-

it was half six at night and you were sat cross-legged on calums bed. you had been practically sweating with nerves and your heart raced every time he glanced over your shoulder to read the answers.

"so you have to make x the subject of the formulae." he spoke, taking the pencil out of your hand and showing you what you had to do.

"what's the opposite of squaring a number?" calum asked you, smiling softly.

"uhhh - square root?" you guessed. he nodded, and wrote down some shit on the paper, telling you to copy what he was doing.

calum was just simply so clever - you were almost jealous. everything about him was absolutely perfect - his gorgeous tanned skin, deep hazel eyes, ruffled dark hair and contagious smile, his dorky personality, his sense of humour - everything.

"(y/n)?" calum waved a hand in front of your face. "you okay?"

"yeah, just thinking about something." you replied shakily.

"what? do you not understand? if you don't get it, let me know, i understand im a shit teacher." he said with a small smile.

"huh? no, it's not that - don't worry."

"what is it then? come on, tell me. we've been at this for almost three hours now, we need a break. you can trust me, (y/n)."

sighing, you knew you weren't going to be able to get out of this. so, you thought of the best possible way to explain things.

"well, there's this boy." you began slowly. calum smiled cheekily at you, making you blush.

"yeah? what about him?" he hummed.

"he's just perfect - but he doesn't see me even really as a friend to be honest."

"who's the boy? and i don't see why he wouldn't see you as a friend. your really fucking clever, (y/n), and being put on the spot isn't very fun and can be overly intimidating especially with a question you have to work out on paper."

"do you really want to know who the boy is?" he nodded.

"you, calum. it's you. im sorry."

"don't be. i don't just like you as a friend, (y/n). i like you more than a friend."