II5II

Song for the chapter: The Last Night - Skillet

"Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay...she's all i have left," my father begged, relieved that i had opened my eyes.

Why would he be relieved? Why was he here? How did he find me? All these questions continuously swirled around my head desperately searching for an answer. His look, his expressions, his words, they all appeared real and life-like yet felt like fraud and forgery.

"She has three broken ribs and two are fractured, we also had to put in four stitches due to the excessive bleeding of her wounds, but she'll be okay," the nurse reassured.

"Would you like a few minutes alone?"

"Oh yes, that would be great, thank you" my father answered with a sickening grin planted on his face.

The nurse nodded her head and started to make her way out the door, leaving my father and I alone.

"Typical Raven, always taking the easy way out...you are so Goddamn weak!" he screamed while grabbing onto my delicate arms.

Ahh Raven. It's been a while since I've heard anyone call me by my name, it's a good feeling seeing as its the only thing that hasn't been taken away from me.

"I'm s-sorry" I responded while spluttering and coughing all over the place, instantly regretting it afterwards. There was a stinging pain on my cheek causing my hand to instantly put pressure on my face. He slapped me. In a hospital. Wow, I didn't know he was that low and stupid.

Abruptly, his eyes were planted on me, anger filling them almost instantly. Oh crap, did i say that out loud?

"Yes you did, you ungrateful bitch...YOU are NOTHING, you hear me? N O T H I N G", he lifted up his fist and i shut my eyes, silently waiting for the contact. Just then, the nurse walked in, staring at the clipboard in her arms and my fathers anger instantly transformed into a look of happiness and relief. Ironic, isn't it? I wonder how he does it.

"So, when can I take her home?" he asked gently, being careful of his choice of words.

"I'm afraid she'll have to be on suicide watch in a facility, this will usually be until the staff deem her fit and healthy enough to go."

Wait, what? A facility? This could be a good thing, right? I can be free from my father and meet new people, but i can never be free from him, one day the facility will end up releasing me. However, it's the only chance I have and I need to grab it before it slips past my fingers.

"I don't think she wants to go to a facility, so i'll just be taking her home...now preferably" my father said sternly.

"Honey, would you like to go to the facility? It'll help you a lot" the nurse replied with a small smile as she turned her head to me.

My father was giving me a look of distaste and kept shaking his head indicating me to say 'no', but should I? The look he was giving was almost hypnotizing but I looked past it, I couldn't stay with him. He was the reason for the nightmares, the scars.

"O-ok, thank y-you "

"There, all sorted, she's going", she grinned a toothy grin whilst shooing my father out the room.

"Now, we need to let her rest so she's awake and energetic in the morning."

My father looked me dead in the eye, and his eyes displayed an emotion I'd never seen him consume and it was terrifying.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

It was 8 o'clock in the morning and I felt fresh, today was the day I was going to go to the facility and being nervous would be an understatement for how I was feeling. What if the people don't like me? Of course they won't like me. What if they hurt me? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

In just half an hour; at 8:30, I was going to leave with the nurse so she can take me there to settle in. It was a bit early though, but I guess we need an early start. My father disappeared straight after yesterdays meeting, i don't know where he went, nor do I want to, but I admit it gives me chills just thinking about it.

The clock displayed, 8:30, and the nurse came into the room and ushered me to follow her and I obeyed, walking past the other hospital room doors. Some were silent, whereas others were consumed by the screaming of poor souls. We finally made our way to the exit and I followed her to her car.

So I guess this was it, I was going to a hospital for souls.