Chapter 19

I melted against him as he brought me closer, straddling his waist as he trailed his hands up my thighs. My hands raking through his hair, a groan escaping his lips. Our lips moved against one another's heatedly, feeling each other's pain, anger, hurt. A dangerous combination but it was what we needed.

Lucifer pulled away and kissed the corner of my mouth, leaving feathery kisses down my jaw to my neck.

"What was that for?" he whispered against the base of my neck, breathing in my scent.

"It won't happen again." I assured. He faced me and gripped my jaw to look up at him.

"What if I want it to happen again? Over and over again?" He teased kissing my nose and for a moment I was wondering if this was the right Lucifer. Was this his sweet, affectionate twin?

A loud knock was heard, and I pushed myself off Lucifer sitting on the opposite end of the couch to him. Thankful that my skin was olive, so he couldn't see I was blushing.

Lucifer smirked at me, back to his old asshole self it seemed and walked to the door.

"What is it?" he asked, and I got to my feet to see what was going on.

"We have a...problem." Said Ramiel noticing me in the room with my arms crossed. Ramiel's eyes glanced to me and Lucifer nodded for him to continue.

"Five angels are here. They are not one of ours and are asking for her." Ramiel said motioning to me. Lucifer growled clenching his fists, and I couldn't help but be slightly pissed off.

If they were here to rescue me, they were weeks fucking late. I couldn't leave if I wanted to now, I was bound to hell and I was still conflicted. I didn't know if I even wanted to go with them if the opportunity arose.

"Tell them they have wasted their time coming here." Ordered Lucifer but Ramiel shook his head.

"I told them to leave but they refused, they said they won't leave without her."

Lucifer's muscled back shook and I brushed my fingers against his soft black feathers. He calmed instantly, grabbing my hand and pulling me close.

"It's up to you mea cara. If you wish to speak to them, I will allow it." I thought about it and nodded, I would like to hear their excuses and what they had to say. That it was a test to see how strong my will was, or they were preparing for war and couldn't come. Let them try persuading me.

"I'll hear them out, but I'm not leaving with them." Lucifer visibly relaxed at that, wrapping an arm around my waist, holding me tight. It seemed neither of us could catch a break.

"Of course. Ramiel, gather the others and tell them to arm themselves. If a fight breaks out I want to be ready." Ramiel nodded glaring at me before swiftly turning on his heel and marching down the hallway.

"Please don't do anything stupid." I said aloud, and he looked at me smirking at me.

"Shouldn't I be telling you that?" He teased. I smacked his chest.

"Don't insult my intelligence."

Gripping my shoulders, he turned me to face him. Eyes like warm coals.

"I want you stay close to me, if anything goes wrong run back to the palace, okay?" he asked but it was more of a demand with no room for argument.

"Okay."

An idea popped in my head and I ripped away from Lucifer, heading back to my room. He shouted after me, but I raced ahead of him and carefully stepped over my broken door to my bathroom. Avoiding bits of wood, I grabbed the silver spike ball I left in the bathtub.