Chapter 9

I decided to explore the palace, hoping I'd run into Raz again. My curiosity was spiked and I wanted to see the other fallen angels.

Roaming the palace, I heard voices, very loud voices. Going in the that direction I stopped in front of a door, lots of voices could be heard inside and I had the strong urge to eavesdrop.

"I can't believe you said nothing Lucifer! She needs to be trained, otherwise they're going come and she's going to-"

"That's why I'm-" cut in Lucifer before another interrupted and then chaos broke out.

Leaning against the door with my ear pressed against it, I didn't realise the last person who entered didn't shut it properly. So, the door opened, and I fell straight through to the other side landing on the Persian looking rug.

Five pair of eyes landed on me, Lucifer included. Well, at least I found Raz and the others. I quickly got to my feet, adjusting my white tank top making sure my wings were furled.

I gave them all a small awkward wave.

"Um, hi everyone. Nice meeting you, seems like you're all busy so..." I trailed off inching my way towards the door. I didn't make it very far before Raz swooped in grabbing my wrist and pulling me forward.

"Not so fast, you should meet everyone first." He said ignoring the threatening look Lucifer shot his way.

"I don't-" Raz cut me off with a look and I sealed my lips. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lucifer clench his fists in anger.

Raz guided me to a chair, his hand on my lower back gently urging me forward.

"Hands off Raziel." barked Lucifer and Raziel dropped his hand as I sat down in the chair uncomfortably.

Raz sat down on the edge of a desk, whilst Lucifer leaned against an old bookshelf. There were three others in here. Two girls and one other guy. The girl with platinum blonde hair glared at me heatedly arms folded in front of her chest, green eyes burning with hate.

The hostility coming off her made me want to shrink away but I didn't. I wouldn't let another person here intimidate me. I met her glare with my own and she looked away with a huff before marching out of the room and slamming the door on the way out.

"That's Lailah, she can be a real jealous bitch sometimes." Explained Raz and I nodded unsurely.

"Luella, is it?" asked the sassy looking red head in front of me.

"Yea?" I said but it sounded more like a question.

Her dark brown eyes studied me before she gave a curt nod, flicking her wavy fire like hair over her shoulder.

"She's cute where'd you find her?" asked the fallen standing close to Raziel.

"Everyone get out!" snapped Lucifer his jaw clenched, his teeth grinding against one another. Everyone immediately upped and left out the door, I followed closely almost home free.

"Ella, I think we need to talk."

I halted with a sigh before shutting the door gently. Turning to face him I raked my fingers through my hair and tucked a few strands behind my ear.

"There's nothing to talk about. I already told you I-"

"I'm not trying to mess with you Ella. I don't want to play games with you. I just...it's-" he slammed his hand against the wall frustrated. I jumped startled, my wings beginning to curl around me.

"I suck at this." He muttered under his breath, his eyes casted to the ground.

Cautiously, I approached him and stopped when I felt I was close enough. I never thought I'd ever have to console the devil.