53

When I woke up I saw Rebekah. I was in bear chains that pierced through my hands. Every time I moved they dug tighter. "What are you doing?" I groaned looking at her.

"Well Nik did also instruct the rest of us to keep you in check." She spoke swinging around the knife. "Not to mention I like symmetry."

"What?" I asked confused failing to hide the weakness I was feeling.

"Well I did this exact same thing to Damon the other day." He spoke as I furrowed my brows. Klaus told me I wouldn't care who it was.

"That lying ass." I spoke under my breath.

"You know you should watch what you say. He'll be home soon." She instructed.

"Why do you have to do this? I was just trying to talk to my dad." I asked angrily.

"Because to be honest I don't particularly like you. I've just been pretending." She replied. "Kind of like how you were." She added.

"I wasn't pretending." I replied weakly.

"Please, you may be smarter than Elena, but you're not the better liar." She replied. "Not to mention everyone kept nagging me, wanting to know about you, especially Damon." She spoke.

"Why would he do that?" I asked not believing her.

"It's possible to love two people. Ask your sister she's been doing it for a while now." She replied as I moved slightly and winced.

"I would but I'm a little tied up." I replied looking at her.

She chuckled lightly. "Right you are. Now wait here. Wouldn't want you going anywhere." She joked as I groaned. I sat there waiting. I might have passed out, I'm not really sure. I just knew the pain was awful.

I heard walking and in came Klaus. "So Rebekah tells me you disobeyed."

"I just wanted to check on my dad." I replied. I knew it was a bad idea but my dumb self decided to do it anyway.

"I know. I just saw him. He's pretty bad if you ask me." Klaus replied.

"What's going on with him?" I asked.

"Apparently he's been going crazy and killing people. He's locked up right now but that's not what's important right now." He said angrily. "You disobeyed."

"I know." I replied with a groan. "But what do you expect? I had to make sure he was okay."

"No." His voice grew louder. "You had to listen to me. Be the good warrior you made a deal with me to be." He angrily looked at me.

"Why are you so mad?" I asked my head not staying upright on my neck. "It was just a phone call." I added with a swallow.

"Because you've been loyal and I actually believed you'd stay that way." He replied. "You broke my trust." He added as I sighed lightly in pain.

"You know I'm not some puppy on a leash. It was gonna happen eventually. Besides you wanted to find a way around the agreement anyway." I replied not even caring that I was probably about to be killed.