13

A few days had gone by. Elena said she was staying at the Boarding house to keep an eye on Stefan. I visited her often to make sure everything was okay. She was on the verge of depression. The difference between Elena and I was that she choose the thing that was best for others, while I usually did what was best for me.

"Hey." I ran over to Elena at school. "Need a friend tonight?" I asked holding my bookbag over my shoulder.

"Yeah it's been weird just having Damon to talk to." She nodded lightly.

"I bet." I smiled lightly. "I have a bag packed in my dads classroom. I'll meet you at your car in five okay?" I asked before she nodded lightly.

I went to my dads classroom and he was talking to Jeremy about an assignment.

"Thanks Mr. Saltzman." Jeremy smiled to dad as he looked to me. "Hey." He waved as I waved back. He headed out and I looked to dad.

"Elena is feeling lonely. Mind if I sleep over with her?" I asked looking at him. Of course I left out the detail about being at the Boarding house.

"Yeah just let me know when you'll be home." He nodded lightly.

"Alright see you later. Love you." I said as I walked out. I headed to Elena's car with my bag and got in.

"I have to stop by my place to get a change of clothes." She explained as I nodded.

We got to her house and I went upstairs with her. Her room was a lot like expected. It was simple and looked like it had piece of her childhood still morphed in the design.

I looked at her pictures while she called Damon to tell him where she was and that we'd be there soon.

"Yeah it's both of us. Is that a problem?" Elena asked genuinely. "Well she's being supportive. What kind of-" she started. "What kind of animal blood does he prefer? Stop joking. I wold say drop dead but-" I chuckled lightly as I looked at a picture of Elena with two people who I assumed were her parents. Elena scoffed and hung up.

"What happened?" I asked looking at the picture.

"Just the usual. He's still an ass." Elena sighed. "Alright I'm all done." She announced as she closed the door. "Uncle John." I heard her say as I put the picture back. "I didn't see you there."

"I thought we could talk. We haven't had the chance to catch up." He explained as he stood in the doorway.

"We were actually heading out so-" Elena replied as I followed behind her.

"It won't take long." He responded as Elena turned around annoyed. I crossed my arms and looked to the man.

"What did you want to talk about?" Elena asked with a sigh.

"Well I know you know. Both of you actually." He revealed looking from Elena to me.

"Know what?" Elena asked.

"It's really silly to keep pretending. What do you think your mother would say if she knew you were dating a vampire Elena?" He asked as I looked at him disgusted.

"Which mother?" Elena asked sassily before we both walked off.

"What an ass." I shook my head as we got into her car.