16

We were touching up the last minute fixes on all the floats. Tyler walked up in a world war 2 inspired army outfit. I looked at him shocked. He put his hands out and smiled. "Strut it soldier boy." I said as he walked over and pushed my arm. I laughed as I went around painting last minute things.

"It sucks that you aren't dressing up." He said as I shrugged.

"It is what it is. I'd rather wear this then a corset." I responded. I was wearing a gray t-shirt and dark blue jeans.

I looked past him and saw Elena coming over worried

I looked past him and saw Elena coming over worried. "What's up?" I asked nudging my head to her.

"We need to talk." She babbled looking at me as I nodded.

"Okay. Let me go put this up. The float's ready to move." I explained looking to Tyler.

"Alright. See you later." He replied as I smiled and walked away with Elena.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I put the paint up.

"Stefan thinks our dad might be my Uncle John." She sighed lightly.

"Damon told me the same thing. I was hoping our father wouldn't be as disappointing as mom was. No offense." I said wiping my hands off with a rag.

"None taken. I was hoping the same thing. When did you talk to Damon?" She asked curiously.

"He walked me home after that night." I replied not wanting to think about it.

"You think what she said was true about him loving you?" She asked crossing her arms.

"I'm at too much of an emotional wreck stage to think about that. There are worse things on my mind." I shook my head. "You look great by the way. Very vintage and princess-y." I smiled lightly pushing my hair back.

"Thanks." She nodded lightly. "Well if you want to talk to him let me know. We'll do it together."

"I will." I nodded lightly. "Have fun on the float." I waved as she walked away.

Soon enough it was time for float time. I saw Bonnie and I went to stand next to her. "Hey." I began as I stood next to her.

"Hey." She smiled lightly to me as we watched. "I can't wait for the miss Mystic float." She stated as I nodded.

"Yeah Caroline said she's been working day and night for the past week to make it perfect." I smiled.

"Guess who was up with her." Bonnie sighed as I chuckled.