20

The next day I went to the grill to get some food before the town gathering of the week. This town did a lot of things together. I saw Tyler and I went to sit with him.

"Hey." I smiled lightly.

"Hey." He replied as he looked plainly at the table fiddling with his phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I looked at his face and he looked up to me.

"If I told you you wouldn't believe me." He replied as I let out a soft scoff.

"You'd be surprised." I replied with a smile.

Stefan informed me on what was happening with Mason Lockwood just in case I was caught in the crossfire. We had been friendly lately and I'm pretty sure he just felt bad for me, but I needed a friend. Elena had informed me on all things relationship and her and Stefan were supposedly in a rough patch which I couldn't believe for some reason.

"I don't really want to talk about it." He nodded lightly.

"You can talk to me, you know that right? I have no room to judge." I said as I put my hand on his arm.

"Yeah I know I just- I need to take my mind off of it." He replied as he shrugged. I felt bad because I wasn't the best at advice. I just sat there when Jeremy walked over.

"Hey." He smiled lightly to me as I put my hand up and waved slightly.

"Hey Tyler how have you been?" Jeremy asked as he looked at him.

"Since when?" Tyler asked with the same upset tone. I was worried for him.

"I don't know. I haven't seen you much since your fathers funeral. I just figured-" Jeremy started.

"I'm fine Gilbert." Tyler responded with agitation.

"Yeah, okay." Jeremy sighed as he stood up.

"Ty he's just trying to be nice." I explained matter of factly to Tyler.

"Hey man wait." Tyler said as he looked up to him. "I'm sorry. Bad day, bad month. You were cool that day at the wake so thanks for that." Tyler replied as I smiled lightly. I was glad to see them not angry at each other for once. "Felt like kind of a freak show."

"Well I bet we all know that feeling well." Jeremy responded as I nodded to him. We all lost parents. "So what are you doing here?"

"Distracting myself." He replied with a shrug.

"Hey thanks for the text." I saw a girl I think her name was Amy come over. She was with another girl who I didn't know but I was 80% sure they were looking to hook up with him. "Where to?"

"My place." Tyler replied as I looked to the other girl who eyed Jeremy. "My mom's gone all day. Empty house fully stocked bar."

"Margaritas?" Amy asked.

"Sure." Tyler nodded.

"You two in?" Tyler asked looking to me and Jeremy. Jeremy looked to me almost in approval. It made me feel like a real sister.

"I actually am gonna go to the town thing. It'd feel wrong if I was casually drinking with my not so little brother." I replied with a small nod. "You guys have fun though." I smiled lightly.