43

The next day I went to Caroline's to help her make chili. She was making it for another founders party-palooza special thing for the town. I would've helped Elena and Damon but he said they were finally bonding and what better way then forcing them together.

"It could use more spice." I swallowed some of the warm chili.

"No. We stick to the recipe." She replied as she re read the paper. "My family's chili almost always wins."

I nodded lightly. "I'm not even the slightest bit surprised. What do you think would happen if we just snuck a little blood into it. No one would notice right?" I asked looking at the chili color.

"It has a distinguished taste. Besides don't you think that's kind of gross?" She asked looking to me.

"Nope. All I can think about is vamp chili." I sighed lightly. We chuckled lightly then heard the doorbell ring and Caroline was too busy whisking away so I decided to get it. I opened it and saw Bonnie.

"Hey." I smiled to her as she smiled back. She had left all summer to see her dad's side of the family or something. I still wasn't quite sure if I liked her or not yet. "Carolines making chili. She'll be happy to see you." I nodded as she came in and walked towards the kitchen.

"Bonnie!" I heard Caroline say as she put down the spoon. I walked to the kitchen to see them hugging. "I've missed you." Caroline crinkled her noes lightly.

"I've missed you too. I'm sorry I wasn't here for everything." Bonnie said sadly and I realized that Caroline probably told her everything.

"It's fine. I'm glad that you at least had a normal summer." Caroline nodded but you could see the sadness in her eyes.

Not long after the chili was ready and we headed to Elena's. Upon opening the door Elena had the same response to seeing Bonnie. I saw Damon and walked over planting a quick kiss on his lips.

"So how's the chili?" I asked walking over to the kitchen.

"Boring." He replied as I nodded.

"You two are getting along?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"She's finally decided to not comment on everything slightly inappropriate and I've decided to not get angry over all the Stefan drama." He explained.

"Thank you for that." I nodded lightly.

"We are gonna head out and talk to Bill Forbes. Make him forget about everything." He added.

"We?" I asked before my dad walked out. He had started alternating nights again. I didn't mind too much because I was doing the same at the boarding house. He probably didn't know that though. "Promise to be careful, both of you?" I asked looking to them.

"He's a human tied onto a chair without vervain. I've got it." He reassured as I nodded.

"Okay. See you later then." I smiled lightly and walked back over to the girls in the kitchen after giving them their catch up time.

"Since when do you know how to cook?" Caroline asked helping Elena with her chili.

"Damon helped me make it." She nodded lightly. 

"Damons helping you cook? Since when?" Bonnie asked confused

"Since I convinced them to be friends." I replied sitting next to her. "It was one hell of a task."

"Even though he's still annoying I'm glad that- ow!" Elena started backing away from the pot.

"Did I splash you?" Caroline asked worried.