Companions Compassion

Elle: I stand over Luna and shed a tear knowing that what I am about to do is going to hurt her and I look at nix and see that he is doing the same thing with serenity. We both step away and walk to the Moon Goddess to make our proposal to her for the happiness of our charges.

Nix: We walk to the thrown room. " Your grace may we speak with you?" She gives us a nod to continue. " We would like to give ourselves over to our companions to give them another shot at life. Before you say no it is in the rules that you have set as a last and final hope of a companion. If we feel our charges have surpassed the need for a companion and they are on the brink of death. We can pass up our next charges to give our lives to our current charges."

Elle: "They have had a hard life and you are snatching that away from them just as they have become happy. They have a mate and little ones on the way. We will never find that. We beg of you please take our last requests.

Moon Goddess: "NO WHY MUST YOU ANGER ME THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED THERE ARE NO MORE LIVES OR SECOND CHANCES YOU WILL BOTH GO TO YOUR NEXT CHARGES AND THE GIRLS WILL BE WHERE THEY ARE MEANT TO BE. NOW LEAVE MY SIGHTS!!!"

Before they could give their argument wind rushes past them and the thrown room door is slammed in their faces. They hung their heads low as they return o their dying charges sides.