Discovery

The weekend soon arrived and I had plans with Jinyoung to go out to town. After the performance during the week, all the boys went to the local restaurant to celebrate and, surprisingly, I was invited too. Although they didn't talk much to me, I didn't mind because Jinyoung was also with me.

"Daehwi!" Jinyoung called as he waved and I was snapped from my thoughts.

"Hey, Jinyoung."

"Am I late?"

"Nah, you arrived just in time. Let's go."

We had planned to go out on a Saturday evening because Jinyoung suggested that we watch the new Incredibles movie because 'the first one had always deserved a sequel'. I wasn't against it so I accompanied him to the cinema.

The movie would begin at 7 pm, therefore, we had 2 hours to kill because it was only 5 pm. What perfect timing for dinner. My appetite had grown since the breakfast I had and I forgot to eat lunch due to the number of chores I needed to complete in the house. Following that, was my preparation to go out and travel to the city centre.

My attire consisted of a vertical striped shirt tucked into my favourite pair of jeans, matched with a plain pair of trainers. Although maybe it would have been better to stick with shorts or something because it was so hot outside, I was practically being grilled in the sun.

We ended up feasting on cold noodles in one of the traditional, local restaurants in the area and it couldn't have been more refreshing. we were talking about the long holiday we got at the end of the year and shared out plans. Jinyoung said he was going to visit America with his family, so I told him how I was going to Japan- we promised to buy each other souvenirs.

It was such a comfortable experience, hanging out with Jinyooung, that I had somehow felt a little bit of pure joy whilst I spent this time out. As much as I tried to argue and reject, Jinyoung offered to pay for the meal. In return, I paid for the tickets so we were even.

The lovely thing about the cinema was the breeze which followed through because of their very functional air conditioning. We did not rush to our  seats because there would be thirty minutes or so of adverts anyway- even if I liked watching the trailers that they showed later.

Once the movie actually started, I sat in my seat as silent as a stone. I didn't want to disturb others around me with my laughter or comments. The darkness of the theatre just made me feel safer though because the seats were also high enough so I couldn't see anyone and no one could see me. I was almost as if I was in my own little space.

As the credits rolled, the humans shuffled out the exit and you could hear them talking beyond the doors. Jinyoung sat int the aisle seat so I trailed behind him on the way out.

"That was good, but it still wasn't as good as the first one. Kudos for effort." Jinyoung commented as joked.

"Really? There were some good parts. I tried to suggest. We were already near the cinema doors and I could see the sun was beginning to reach its peak golden hour- so it would start to set soon.

"Hey Jinyoung, we should go home, I don't really like walking in the dark." I said.

"Ah, same." He agreed.

Outside the cinema, we turned a corner but there were a group of boys who practically took up the whole pavement. I felt Jinyoung tense up next to me but I didn't know why.

"Hey, Daehwi." He nudged my arm. "Let's take another rout-"

"Hey guys, look who it is!" I saw one of the boys turn around, revealing a face which was good looking but obnoxious too.

"It's Jinyoung."

"Shit." I heard Jinyoung curse beside me with closed eyes.