Unexpected

"Happy Birthday Woojin!" I yelled once I reached home.

My little brother popped his head out from the top of the staircase and looked at me.

"Thanks hyung." He grinned with smiling eyes. "Mom said we're going out to eat, so get changed."

I listened to him and ran upstairs for a quick shower.

We sat in the car and dad drove. The music playing meant no one really talked- except mom and dad. I wasn't in the mood to talk so I just watched the scenery fly by in front on my face. It was getting colder as winter approached, so the sun was already beginning to set.

We arrived at a Japanese restaurant because Woojin wanted to eat sushi and the waiter immediately sat us down a four person table.

What I didn't expect, was to see the other nine sitting at another table across the restaurant, laughing happily without me. Luckily, the restaurant was big and quite busy today, so it would be hard to spot me. I couldn't imagine how awkward it would've been if that happened.

Hastily, I picked up the menu and opened it to cover my face. I also attempted to look at the food on the menu. I guess ramen sounded good. I asked the others what they were going to eat and Woojin looked at me.

"Hyung! Aren't those your friends over there?"

I started feeling nervous because I didn't want them to see me here. I looked over to see if they heard but fortunately, Seongwoo and Jaehwan were being clowns again- so it's not like they would have heard Woojin anyway.

"Please don't say anything Woojin. It'll be really awkward." I beggged.

"Ohh, okay." thankfully, he understood me.

The rest of the meal went pretty smoothly. The meat in the ramen was honestly the best and Woojin seemed to enjoy his meal too.

But I forgot.

Of course, the birthday song. We would be so loud how could no one not look in our direction? Of course I didn't want to ruin Woojin's birthday with my own personal feelings. I sucked it up and decided to deal with it.

The waiter came out with the birthday cake, several candles were stuck in it and lit up. The music dimmed down in the whole restaurant and a recording of the birthday song began to play- why did it have to be this dramatic? I looked at my brother and he was smiling so brightly, I couldn't help but crack a smile myself.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Woojin, happy birthday to you!"

I stole a quick glance at the table with the boys and obviously they saw me. Woojin blew the candles as the boys began to tuck their chairs and come here.

A loud cheer erupted after the candle lights went out- the boys were right behind Woojin.

"Ayy, happy birthday little one. who knew we would bump into each other here." Daniel said as he ruffled his hair. Woojin was quite close to Daniel. The others also high fived him and my parents said hi. I really wanted to hide, I didn't like the feeling.

Not long after, they said bye and I felt a little calmer. We also left and returned home.