Released

"You were being bullied?" Jinyoung questioned me as we walked home. That was the last thing I wanted him to ask was that but it just had to be that didn't it.

I couldn't find the confidence to bravely admit this embarrassment so I hummed a yes.

"You should've told someone!" He stood on the pavement and glared me down with his height- it didn't work due to the soft baby features which he flaunted on that mini face of his.

"Its not like they would've helped me anyway, none of them ever do anythig to help me. None of them even listen to me when I speak to them!" I realised that I just had a mini vent and mentally cursed myself for telling this to an almost stranger. I'm ruining his first day of school. I breathed in to calm my fustration and looked at him.

"Im sorry Jinyoung. I didnt mean t-"

"No Daehwi. Its fine. Everyone needs to open the bottle of feelings every once in a while. Now you have more space to fill it again- not that I would recommend it..." He rubbed the nape of his neck. "But coming back to the topic, how do you know they wouldn't help you? You never asked- and Daniel even helped you earlier."

"You might think that he looks like a good person but he just likes to be the centre of attention. He loves doing anything that will make everyone love him." I explained. The boy furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, taking in my information.

"Ah I see." He commented. I couldn't help but laugh because of his face and the mood lightned up. "But to be honest, you should just tell anyone if you're being bullied. Maybe even your parents, thats the best. Obviously they know what's best for their own child."

"But it's so hard, you cant spit out the words even if you want to. It's not like I want pity. I want to fix problems on my own, I don't want to have to rely on people all the time. I don't want to seem needy."

"I know you might feel like that, but as I keep saying- you won't know until you try. Actually, if you ever want to talk anyhting out, I'll be here for you from now on." Jinyoung held his phone in front of me.

I took the phone and tapped in my number.

"Thanks for the counselling... and thanks for lending an ear." I geuinely smiled and we walked until we reached my house.

Entering the walls of comfort, I kicked my shoes off and sprinted up the stairs and showered, changing out of my clothes and enjoying my homework free evening. I had no work from now because we had finished the project. We just had to perform it.

I lay in bed and thoughts fill my head. It seemed like my life was finally turning around. I never thought I would have the opportuity to make a friend again. but If I maybe put more effort in, would this chance have come faster? Maybe I was the one blinded by my selfishness and self pity- which prevented me from seeing the truth. Maybe Daniel genuinely helped me.