Welcome

When class began on Monday, I was talking to the boys.

"Saturday was crazy!" Jaehwan laughed.

"Yeah, who knew we'd just end up like that instead of making the choreography." Seongwoo added. My ears perked up when I heard that. Did I miss something?

"Were we supposed to go to someone's house to do the project?" I spoke up.

"What?" Seongwoo answered. I heard him mumble something along the lines of sending something to the wrong group chat? Was everyone else in it except me?

The conversation didn't last any longer though because the bell rang and all the students scrambled to their seats.

The teacher walked in and someone who I had never seen before entered the room, following like a lost puppy.

"Class, today we have a new student, treat him well. He wont be participating in your current project. Please introduce yourself." she moved to let the boy step forward.

"Hi everyone! My name is Bae Jinyoung. Please treat me well." he bowed.

"Good. Bae Jinyoung, You can sit with the boys and they can tell you about their project, but you wont have to do anything. Okay class, lets take the register and begin."

I saw the tall boy approach the back of the classroom and can I mention how small his face was. It was tiny. Unexpectedly, he looked at me and I looked at him. It was awkward at first but then he smiled at me and the wrinkles around his mouth made him look adorable. I couldn't help but return the expression and he pulled out the empty seat next to me.

"Hi! I'm Bae Jinyoung." He held His hand out.

"I'm Lee Daehwi." I replied and shook his hand.

"I hope we can be friends." Friends? What an unfamiliar word.

"Sure, I'd love to!"

The other boys replaced me soon after, bombarding Jinyoung with questions- so all I did was sit and listen.

We started the project and I was staring forward in boredom. It was difficult to think of a good choreography when everyone had different ideas.

I was shaken when a large hand began to wave in my face. My eyes trailed up the arm connected to the hand, all the way to the small face which belonged to my new 'friend'.

"Daehwi, what's up?" Jinyoung questioned.

"Nothing really, just in a choreographer's block." He laughed and I was surprised to see how different he looked. It was a true, real, genuine laugh. His eyes fromed crescents and his lips curled upwards, as lines formed from the creases around his mouth. It was... beautiful. I didn't say anything and eventually he stopped.

"So what will you do now?" He said after composing himself.

"I dunno. I just wait till it hits me."

"Okay. Why don't we ask the others?" He suggested. I sighed.

"I would but they won't listen." I mumbled under my breath, I looked at them and them messing about.

"What did you just say?" Jinyoung said.

"Hm? Oh, nothing."