Mal Gets Triggered

The next morning, Evie woke up and went downstairs to find Mal and Jay. When she didn't find them, she went back upstairs to see if they were in their bedroom, but the door was wide open. "They're working on the fence." Jonathan said as Evie came back downstairs. "What?" "As soon as the rooster crows they're out of bed and out working. I taught those two so well." Jonathan said smiling, proud of himself and Mal and Jay. "What do you mean?" Evie asked as she poured herself some coffee. "I mean, Malonia and Jayden went out at 5 in the morning to work on getting the exsisting fence out so they can put up the new one. Jackson went with them, and Mark and Peter, two ranch hands are coming to help too. Elena's coming in an hour to feed the animals, would you be interesting in helping her?" Jonathan asked.

"Sure." Evie said. "You'll need a change of clothes though. It can get very messy." Jonathan said and Evie looked panicked. "You mean my hair might get dirty?" "99.9% of the time, yes." Evie's eyes widened, and she turned and went back upstairs. Jonathan smiled to himself, knowing he'd make his daughter proud. An hour later, all the girls from Auradon went out to help Elena feed the livestock. Jonathan watched from the window, and watched. When lunch rolled around, Peter and Mark arrived and went straight out to where they were working. "What about Mal, Jay, and Jackson?" Evie asked from the dining room table. "They'll be fine. Working on the ranch is more important to them than being concerned about everyday activities." Jonathan said before walking upstairs. "Can anyone understand him? I really can't. He always talks in riddles." Evie said and everyone else nodded.

Finally, when the sun went completely down, Carlos and Evie put Alessia to bed, before secretly waiting inside the doorway into the house. When it became clear that Mark and Peter were the only ones going to be leaving at this hour, Evie and Carlos went to bed. Almost 4 hours later, the sound of machine motors were heard coming back to the house. Carlos woke up and stood in front of Mal and Jay's bedroom doorway, as if expecting them to come upstairs, but the only person to, was Jackson. He yawned and collapsed on the bed after shutting the doorway. Mal was letting Jackson off the hook for tomorrow, and was letting him come whenever he awoke, as Mal and Jay decided they were going to get up at 4:30 to get a head start and take out the little bit of fence left in Pasture A, and putting in the new fence posts for Pasture A.

Carlos was awoken again by Mal and Jay taking off in their side by sides to work on the fence, and they were seen again until 10 PM. Two weeks later, they had two pastures completely built in, and finally, Mal and Jay took a break. One Saturday morning, Evie woke up with Carlos and Alessia, and headed downstairs with the rest of the Auradon Kids. Evie set Alessia down, and she scampered over to the living room, before Evie and Carlos heard their daughter shrieking and screaming. Evie and Carlos went into the living room to see Mal there, holding a pillow over her head to block out the screaming. Mal had been asleep on the couch that Alessia always sat on to watch her TV programs. "Alessia!" Evie sternly said to her daughter. Alessia didn't pay any attention and kept screaming at Mal. "Uhh. What does it take to get any quiet around here?" Mal asked before sitting up. Her vision focused, and she saw the angry 5 year old screaming at her. Mal yawned and wrapped her fuzzy blanket around her.

"Mal, could you consider moving? Alessia always sits there every morning." Evie explained as the five year old started crying. "I'm sorry. Excuse me for sleeping on MY own couch!" Mal exclaimed. She flung her blanket and pillow on the opposite couch and stomped into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and she grabbed a can of beer. Carlos, who was standing next to the fridge, told her she'd grabbed a beer. "I intended to." Mal growled and Carlos took a step back. "Who awakened the beast?" Jay asked as he entered the kitchen. Jay filled a glass of orange juice, and replaced Mal's can with the orange juice. "You'll like this better in the morning, I promise." Jay said before putting the beer back in the fridge. Mal yawned and she finished her glass of orange juice. "I'm going upstairs to sleep. I'll see you all in 4 hours." Mal said before grabbing her pillow and blanket and trudging up the stairs.

"Since when is Mal a beast in the morning?" Carlos asked. "Since she started overworking herself when you showed up." Jay said glaring at Carlos. Carlos hid behind the wall, and Jay ate breakfast quick before going upstairs and shutting his bedroom door quietly. "What do you think they're doing?" Evie whispered to Carlos. "Probably sleeping." Ben said. "Guys, I don't really think bugging Mal all the time is a good idea. If she exploded at you for asking her to move off her own couch, could mean worse actions in the future." "What do you think Jay meant that Mal is overworking herself?" Evie asked. "It probably means that Mal is overworking herself. Jay isn't speaking in riddles." Ben said sighing and going upstairs to the game room that Mal and Jay had installed when they got married and inherited the ownership of the house.

4 hours later, Mal came downstairs with Jay. "Mal, come on. Please. You don't have to work today if your body hurts." Jay said. "I don't care Jay. I'm going out to work. There's no way I'm staying in this house with our guests here." Mal said. "Mal, come on. Please. If you keep doing this, you're going to injure your body." "There's always time for that later." Mal said letting the door slam shut behind her. "Jackson, explain to me why she's so stubborn. She's refusing to stop working." Jay said. "I'm worried about her. If she keeps overworking her body, she's going to hurt herself." "I know what you mean. When Mal sets her mind on something, she refuses to give it up." Jackson said. "Oh, by the way. I forgot to ask. How was your anniversary date?" "We didn't go. The fence got in the way. I'm trying to convince her to take a break so we can go, and she finally agreed to on Saturday." Jay said. Carlos and Evie had heard everything, and they decided they'd make plans to make Mal and Jay stay home, so they could their separate chances to make their moves on Mal and Jay.