chapter twenty-nine: trust me

TWO AND A HALF MONTHS LATER--LATE AUGUST

"First day of school!" Mom yells up the stairs. "I want the pictures for everyone!"

Oh, the first day of school. What joy. Everyone except our newborn baby boy will be attending some sort of educational purpose. Yep, that's right. The Winston's were blessed with yet another boy named West. West Winston. Catchy, huh? He's so adorable and looks just like Lucas and dad. 

Anyway back to school. Finally, Ricky is going to school. It took him long enough. Lucas and Sanders are Freshman at UCLA on a football scholarship and rooming togethr. I will be a senior. The twins will be sophomore. Brian will be in eighth grade. Chance is starting kindergarten. Chevy will be at daycare with West and mom and dad are working. This is the first time in months that this house will be empty

After I missed Noah's plane, I realized I needed to move on. I never told Ryan that I went to stop Noah. That was unnecessary. Minor details. Completely irrelevant. 

I fix my skirt in the mirror and run downstairs. Finally, I'm the oldest in the house. Kind of terrifying, actually. I run into Sully who is trying his school shoes at the bottom of the stairs. My straightened hair falls in my face and I groan and push it back before moving away from him. I stand next to Freddy and Sully scrambles to stand next to me. I hold West and Sully holds Chevy. Chance and Brian stand in front of us.

The lights flash and the day begins.

NOAH REED'S P.O.V

I broke up with Tanner. I'm getting Jaclynn back. 

Trust me.

***

That's all lovies.

Keep smiling and stay happy :))

-gracie ;))