chapter 3: you sound like one of those obnoxious old ladies from a 1990s comedy

"Lynn!" Kelly Barnes calls for me and I turn around quickly to see her.

"Hey, Kelly. I love the red in your hair," I say pointing out her new red highlights.

She smiles and runs the tips of her fingers over her hair. "Thank you. Anyway. The decorating committee needs to know what colors you picked for homecoming again."

"I want happy colors. No black or maroon or deep colors. I'm talking light green, bright yellow not neon, pink, blues. Pretty happy colors. Work with it, I'm counting on you. Homecoming is counting on you." I tell her and wink at her.

"You won't be disappointed, Jaclynn!" she calls back.

I grin and open my locker putting my volleyball bag in there and taking out my world history book and notebook and pencil pouch.

"Lynn, Mr. Halen needs you in his office," Lydia says out of breath.

"Um, why?"

"I think he wants you to show the new guy around," she whispers.

"What new guy?" I ask as I start walking to the principal's office.

"This guy just transferred from...who knows where. He came here in a Lambo. I mean I know we're in Calabasas here but seriously? A Lambo?" Lydia exclaims.

"I have to get in here. I'll tell you all of the gory details at lunch," I say and kiss her cheek.

"Okay, oh and Tonya has a story about Jax for you!" she squeals.

I roll my eyes and turn her around before shoving her.

"Goodbye Lyds!"

I walk into Mr. Halen's secretary's office, Delilah. She looks up from her computer and smiles at me.

"Hey, girl," she says happily after putting someone on the phone on hold.

Delilah Russel is twenty-one and the sweetest girl ever. She's also Ricky's best friend.

"Hey, mom says she misses you," I tell her remembering my mom mentioning to Ricky she hasn't seen Dee around in a while.

"Aw, well Ricky is being an asshat right now but I'll stop by just to see the family tomorrow." She says to me.

"I'll let mom know."

"You can go in. I think he's ready for you." She says and resumes her phone call.

I open the door to his office and find him lenaing against his desk talking to someone. "Hi, Mr. Halen."

"Jaclynn! How wonderful of you to stop by. Jackie, I'd like you to meet our new student at Reinhardt Academy, Noah Reed."

I look over in the directin he is pointing and see the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen. He hair brown hair and brown eyes. He's wearing the required school khakis only his are skinny and let me tell you they hug all of the right places. His white collared shit is untucked and his tie is loose. His hair is tousled perfectly and he smirks when he sees me. I pull my skirt down a little more when he looks at me.

"Hi, I'm Jaclynn Winston, I say reaching my hand out to shake it but he makes no effort to do the same. Well, that's a turn off. I force a smile and fold my hands in front of me.

"I would like for you to show Noah around. Let him know the ropes of the school and you can head to whatever period you have when you are done."

"Will do, Mr.Halen." I say happily and smile at Noah who leans his head back in the chair and groans a little. Rude.

"Well, go on Noah. Your mother said your brother will pick you up after school," Mr. Halen says to Noah as he stands up.

I walk out of the office and wave bye to Dee who mouths to me that Noah is hot and I laugh.