chapter eight: i think he's in love with you

"Jaclynn," someone says and nudges me.

"Jackie."

I groan and turn in my sleep.

"Lynn, get up before this ice cold water ends up on your back," Lydia threatens and I shoot up from my place and rub my eyes. I blink a few times and register that I'm on the floor in the living room.

"When did I fall asleep?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm not sure, but Tonya had to leave and everyone is heading to the Venice today. Want to go?" she asks me.

"And face the embarrassment that I was ditched? Yeah, I'm good," I say and stand up to go to the kitchen.

"Let's go anyway. Jax called your phone earlier but you were asleep," she tells me.

I purse my lips as i pull an ice coffee from the fridge an open it. "I guess so."

"Yay! I kinda packed the bags already so you just need to look not like you died last night," Lydia says and taks a sip from my coffee.

"What if I said no?" I ask her and lean against the counter.

"You ever pass up Venice," she says rolling her eyes. "Jax is picking us up with Will."

"When?" I ask.

"Like an hour or so."

I sigh and start walking upstairs. I find my black bikini and put that on and ripped jean shorts and a yellow crop top. I find my brush and put my hair into a high ponytail.

"Hey, Lyds! Are my sunglasses down there?" I yell.

"Uhh.... yeah? I think so!" she yells back and I walk downstairs.

"Okay, I'm ready," I say.

"You look ruff girl. No makeup?" she asks me.

"I never wear makeup, dummy. When was the last time you saw me cake on a face of makeup for the beach?" I ask her.

"Never but still. There's a first time for everything, you know," she is sure to inform me and I roll my eyes.

I hear a car horn and Lydia and I walk outside together. It's overly hot today and I love it. I see Jax in his car and he smiles at me. Will gets out of the front seat and holds the door open for me.

"I'm kicking Reed's ass tomorrow," Will says to me and I laugh a little.

I get in the front of is truck and Jax grabs my hand. I look at him nd he grins at me. 

"First off, I want you to be my girlfriend because when I saw you walk out of that house with no makeup on and still looking flawless I swooned and second I hope Reed is hiding at school tomorrow or he's leaving with a broken nose and two black eyes," he says all at once.

I lean over the seat and kiss him on the lips. "I will have to say yes to the first and second proposal."

"Awww. That's cute and all but can we get a move on?" Lydia asks impatiently.

I kiss Jax one last time before shoving his chest and leaning back.

I have this vivid memory of me, Sanders, Lucas, Derek, and Ricky at Venice beach when we were younger. We did so much stuff there. We went to the beach and built this super awesome sand castle that derek was a jerk and knocked it over. We also got ice cream and lunch at the pier before riding on the rides that are there. Mom bought us all skateboards and we still have them all. 

But then we all grew up. My mom had more kids, Derek moved out, and we all had our own passions and schedules. I'm really the glue of the family. I keep the younger ones entertained and keep the twins from becoming anti social jerks. Poor chance isn't going to have the same childhood as the rest of us.