chapter two: an fbi secretive location

JACLYNN WINSTON'S P.O.V

He starts leading me by the hand towards the huge dance floor. It's a shame I can't see his face. I bet he's gorgeous, but I don't even have time for a boyfriend right now. That and I don't do one night stands. It bothers me and it's pointless. I want something to mean something. It's not worth wasting a night to fall for someone and them not feel the same way. Plus he lives in Idaho. I live in California it wouldn't work out in the sense of things. Although, no one ever said a little fun doesn't hurt anyone.

I don't recognize the song. I get into a typical dancing position and begin to sway with him to the music. I can't bring myself to look him in the eye. It's weird to just have a random guy walk up to you and start talking to me. 

"So, can I know the name of the lovely lady I'm dancing with?" he asks me looking down at me.

"Do you find you not knowing more or less intriguing?" I ask smirking at him.

He smiles and thinks for a second. "Definitely more."

"Then I guess you'll never know my name," I tell him.

"Or see your face," he adds.

I almost forgot about the mask. "Oh, yeah."

"I hope you make it until midnight. That's when everyone takes off their masks," he explains to me.

"Guess we'll just have to see," I tease and smile.

"Your smile is gorgeous."

"Thank you," I reply shyly.

The song comes to a sudden stop and the two of us are left there in an awkward silence. I look around at the others who are chatting and dancing with one another. gosh, I'm so anti-social.

I feel him take my hand and I look up. He smiles at me and jerks his head in the direction of the stairs. "Come on," he says and starts running whilst pulling me through the crowd.

"I hope you know it is extremely hard to run in heels!" I shout over the next song that is beginning to play through the ballroom.

"Live a little," he yells back and I shake my head and laugh.

He has had to already pull me up at least 12 flights of stairs before he reaches a door and stops in front of it.

I clutch my stomach from being out of breath and look at him. "What are we doing?"

"This...is my favorite spot. My dad owns this hotel and I hate coming to these things so my friends and I get away from the party and come up here," he tells me looking at me.

I study his face the best I can. "Okay..."

He grins and pushes open the door to reveal a balcony. Like I've never seen a balcony before. He walks out, holding the door open for me and I follow. "You took me to a balcony?"

I stop just outside the doorway. It's dark out here and all you can see is the black sky. 

"Yes, I mean, no. This is the roof of the hotel. Technically it's restricted," he adds.

I whip my head towards him and slap his arm "You took me to a restricted area! You idiot, what if I get arrested or fined or something. My parents would kill me."