"Hey, i'm Ashley but you can call me Ash

"Hey, i'm Ashley but you can call me Ash."
She proceeded.
"Hi, i'm Amber and this is my baby sister Alexis, nice to meet you." We all shook each others hands.
"Nice to meet you too."

7:16 P

7:16 P.M.
We finally arrived to the family cookout at my moms house. It started 16 minutes ago, but no one was here.
"If this was a FAMILY cookout, where the hell the family at?"
"Girl you know black folks can't start shit on time." Alexis replied.
"And you thought we was gone be late." I said with a smirk.

We all got out the car. We walked in the house and my two sisters London and Dominique were sitting in the living room.
"Hey Nique. Hey Lo."
"Hey y'all." They replied in unison.
"Where is everybody?"
"Girl hell if I know." Nique replied.
"It was supposed to start at 7." London added.
"Man I could've stayed at home." I said as I plopped down on the couch.

"And why is that?" My mom asked as she appeared around the corner

"Hey mom." I said changing the subject.
"Hey my baby, come give yo momma a hug." She said opening her arms.
We shared a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Im still trying to figure out why you should've stayed at home though?" She asked.
"Because ma ain't nobody even here, and it started at seven."
"Im sure they'll show up. And if they don't then more food for us." She replied putting her hands on her hips.

She looked around the room and noticed Alexis, Kiyah and Ashley.

"Penny I know you not just gone sit there and not give yo' momma a hug." She said staring at Alexis.
"I'm sorry mommy." She said getting up from the couch. "Hi. How are you?"
"Better now that you hugged me." She replied giggling.
"Hey momma Gina." Kiyah added.
"Hey Kiyah. How you doing baby?" She replied putting her hands back on her hips.
"I'm great ." Kiyah replied. "Also this is my friend Ashley. Ashley this is momma Gina." Kiyah added.
"Nice to meet you sweetheart." She said shaking Ashley's hand.
"Nice to meet you too Mrs.Gina" Ashley replied with a smile.

Eventually pops came from around the corner introducing himself as well and greeting us with hugs.

"Yall can go eat. Its plenty of food, hot and ready." Richard said.
"You ain't gotta tell me twice Mr. Richard." Kiyah said walking straight to the kitchen.

We all grabbed us a plate and came back into the family room. Eventually the rest of the family showed up and we all had a blast.

11:30 P.M.
I was headed to drop Kiyah and Ashley off back at Kiyah's house. Alexis decided to catch a ride with Dominique. We all had drinks while we was at my mom's house but we wasn't sloppy drunk. Thank God.

We was all jamming to Beyoncé x Jealous when Ashley started talking.

"Yall I forgot to tell y'all." She said clearing her voice "My brother Dave is having a party at Club  ELLEVEN Friday and I was wondering if y'all wanted to come? It start at 10." She said.

"Hell YEAH!" Kiyah replied. "Yo brother fine as shit." She added.

We pulled into Kiyah's driveway.

"Amber you down?" Ashley asked.
"If I be done with my appointments by then. Yeah, i'll see what I can do."
"Alright, imma tell him to put y'all on the list." Ashley said.
"Thanks for the ride." Kiyah said.
"Anytime girly. I'll text you when I get to the house."
They both opened my truck doors.
"Byeee, it was nice meeting you." Ashley said waving her hand through the passenger side window.
"Nice meeting you too." I replied with a slight grin.

I drove home listening to Drake x Marvin's Room. Thank god I stay up the street from Kiyah.
When I turned into my driveway, my body immediately went slouchy. I had to drag myself out of my truck.
Once I finally made it in the house I took my makeup and clothes off and changed into my pajamas. I texted Kiyah and my mom to let them know that I was at home safe and then I fell asleep watching Power.

Leave FeedBack Please💛-Kyla🤘🏾