XI: Thoughts After Thoughts

Omniscient

The room was silent and everyone was still in shock about the announcement that was bluntly made.
"Wait wait wait." Monae said chuckling.
"Chile you sure you're pregnant?"
"Thats what my doctor Mrs. Jones told me!" Christine said.

"Oh, this is too much." Ashley said.
Amber was shocked that what her mom told her was actually true, even though she didn't fully spill the details this news was way more surprising.

Amber wanted to stay, but she felt like she had to leave because this was a family matter. She scheduled for her an uber to come pick her up.
"Hey Ash could you come here?" Amber whispered.
Amber could feel Dave eyeing her and she wasn't trying to make eye contact and create a awkward moment.

Ashley walked over to Amber.
"Hey, I called an uber I don't think its my place to be here." Amber told Ashley.
"Girl, you shouldn't have did that. Shit you know everything now." Ashley said to Amber.
"I know I just feel a lil awkward being here." Amber said.
"Girl cancel that uber, Kiyah gone take yo ass home you good girl." Ashley said.

Amber nodded her head as an ok. She canceled her uber like Ash suggested, but she still didn't feel right.

"Well, there's the big news!" Dave said sighing pulling the ultrasound photos from his back pocket.
Dave gave the photos to his mom for her and his dad to look at together. Dave sat next to them as they were in awe that this was their first grandchild. You would've expected Kev to have the baby first since he's married and all.

Everybody but Amber hovered over Monica & Kevin Sr.

"Congratulations lil bro." Kev said to Dave.
"Thanks big bro, hopefully you and Nae next." Dave replied chuckling.

"Oh nooo not right now D. I gotta keep this body as young as possible." Monae said.
"Yeah, aight." Kev said.

7:58 p.m
Dave's POV

Everyone had left my mom and pops crib

Everyone had left my mom and pops crib. The car was silent per usual as I was headed to take Christine home. She wasn't even that big and she was rubbing her stomach, just fucking delusional.

As I was riding I just couldn't forget the way Amber was looking once she found out the news. I noticed she didn't look my way at all, and that kind of fucked with a nigga heavy, but after all this is my fault.

I pulled up to Christine's mom drive-way. She looked over at me and leaned towards me to kiss me. I blocked her ass with the quickness.
"What the hell you think you doing Christine?" I said with a mug.