I picked it and slipped the ring onto my right ring finger. And it fits perfectly.

"Shukran Ammiey." She hugged me. "You're welcome habibty. May God bless you abundantly."

"Ameen."

We went outside to the backyard, where the walima will be conducted. I sat in the middle of my sisters in law, my new family. A female scholar did the wa'azi. Where she talked about marriage in Islam, how the prophet (SAW) and his sahabis lived their marriage lives and so on.

************

After that I was conveyed to my house, my house. When we arrived, Ya Nana and Ya Farha helped me alight the car because I'm wearing an alkyabba so I can't see anything.

"Watch your steps." They warned.

"Wow!!!" I heard Nabila and Amani breath out. "Your house is bomb!!"

I'm itching to take a look but I can't. I guess I'll have to see the house tomorrow or the day after, or......well all the time since this is where I'll be living, away, from home.

They made me sit on a something soft. It's probably a bed. When did we reach to a room? Suhayla removed the alkyabba and placed a huge veil on me instead. I shifted my gaze from the bed to look around the room.

 I shifted my gaze from the bed to look around the room

I love it!! Not too boring, not extravagant. Just right.

Two doors side by side to the far end of the room, I concluded to be the bathroom and walk-in closet.

"Jahara touch her makeup a bit so that we'll get going."

"Going kuma Ya Farha? Already?"

"Toh you want him to come meet us here ne?" Ya Nana answered instead.

"B-bu-but you guys can't leave already." I bleated.

"Oh Wahir! Tsk tsk we have to leave. We don't want your hubby to think we don't want him to spend time with his wife. Cuz I know he's very eager." One of my many cousins, Amrah said. She's Aunty Amina's(Abu's younger sister) only daughter. Idk why she calls me that? Something about her having a special nickname for me. Yeah we're that close. Growing up she's the only cousin that's also a friend, well it's still the same.

I remember when ever there is a family gathering, she's the only person I'll stick with apart from my sisters. And yeah, they don't know this is an arranged marriage, nobody does—apart from my family and Hajiya. Well her daughters will surely know which means Hanifa and Karima will know.