Nursery

Taylor's POV

"Of course" I mumble as I scroll through my phone. Those paparazzi photos from the beach yesterday have blown up the internet. There are pictures of Joe and I playing around in the water, him carrying me around bridal style with us kissing. And there's more photos of us eating ice cream.
With the headlines:

...Pregnant Taylor Swift and fiancé Joe Alwyn make a rare appearance out at the beach...

...A very pregnant Taylor Swift and her Fiancé Joe Alwyn enjoy a day cuddling at the beach...

...Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn enjoy a day out together before their first chid arrives...

...Joe Alwyn and Pregnant Taylor Swift look smitten as they play around together at the beach...

The only good thing from this is that from what I've seen, there hasn't been any negative comments. Of course there will be, but on account of what happened last time I won't look around to much, just in case.

"Hey you ready to start?" Joe asks me as he walks into the bedroom. Today we have decided to do the nursery. We've been a bit late on starting considering I'm just about to hit 8 months, but we already have what we need we just need to set it up. Of course Joe being Joe didn't want me to help just in case anything bad happens and he wants me to rest. But me being me of course I'm going to help.

"Yep" I reply and wriggle myself off of the bed. Joe is wearing some of his old clothes and I'm just wearing a pair of shorts and an old sports bra, because it's so hot.

We walk into the nursery, it is still empty and has some paint cans and brushes littered around.
"Okay babe I'll do the bottom and top so you don't need to get on the ladder or kneel down" he says "and if you get tired take a break."
Of course, I didn't think anything less of him doing this.

"Thank you" I say and peck him on the cheek.

We begin painting the walls pink. Joe is kneeling down painting the bottom while I move my paint brush across the middle of the wall.
"You good?" Joe asks out of know where.

"Great" I reply.

After around only a short amount of time I'm starting to get tired. So instead of just going along with the normal brush strokes, I flick the paint onto the wall with the brush.
"Hey!" I hear Joe call playfully as I flick the paint onto the wall, it's only now I realise that as I was flicking the paint onto the wall, I also ended up flicking it on Joe. It's in his hair, on his neck and down the back of his shirt.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I say and giggle at the amount of paint that seemed to splash him.  He stands up and faces me, there is paint dripping from his hair and a few drops run down his face. Instead of being mad however he wears a cheeky smirk. And before I can react  to anything else Joe plants his face right into my boobs. Which are only partly covered with a sports bra.

"Joe!" I squeal as he buries his face into my cleavage.

He pulls his face away and the paint on his face has now been transferred to my boobs and they are now pink.
"Oh.My.God." I gasp as I look down at my chest.

"Pink is definitely your colour" he says and wears a huge grin on his face.

"Really? I think it looks better on you" I reply and run my hands through his paint covered hair. "And do you think it looks good on me or my boobs?" I laugh.

"Both" he laughs.

I move my paint covered hands from his hair to his face and rub my thumbs over his cheeks staining them pink.
"Mmm pink is definitely your colour" I whisper and peck him on the nose. "Now I think we should get back to the walls" I suggest. Joe nods and we start painting the walls again.

A few hours later, with me taking multiple breaks and bathroom trips we're finally done painting the walls. Now we need to construct everything. Joe really doesn't want me to do any of the construction, just in case anything is too heavy or I hurt myself. Typical. But I'm not going to make him do all the work by himself.

"And that gets attached to that" I say pointing to two objects of a crib, while reading off the instructions for Joe.

"Yep And then put the screw in there" I say as we get near finishing up on the crib, only needing to do a few more screws.

After we finish up the crib Joe positions it and I get the blankets, pillows and toys for inside. I lay them out neatly and admire the work.
"It looks great" I breath "who knew you were so good with this."
He smiles and puts his arm around my shoulders.

In the next few hours we set up a changing table, a set of draws, a rocking chair and more small decorations and toys. And it's all done.
We stand in the door way and admire everything. "It looks amazing" I say and a tear falls from my eye. Damn these hormones.

"Are you alright love?" He asks.

"It's just so beautiful. She's going to love it" I smile and grab Joe's hand setting it down on top of my bump. To this baby girl kicks his hand. It's incredible that she recognises his touch.

He kneels down and presses his lips to my bare stomach. "We're ready when you are little one" he says to my bump. I put my hand on his head and ruffle his hair which is still covered in paint. He plants more kisses on my bump and she continues moving with his touch.

"In just over a month we'll be able to meet her" I say while stiff brushing my hands through Joe's hair.

"I can't wait."