New Years Day

As always Thank you guys so much for reading my sorry attempt at a fanfic.

Taylor POV

I watch as Joe hauls a large ice box out into the back yard, it's filled with water, beer, wine and just alcohol in general. I slightly frown at the sight, I miss drinking...a lot. Joe seems to notice and walks over to the chair which I'm curled up in. "You okay, Love?" He asks slightly concerned "you look like your in pain."
I grown "I am in pain. All this alcohol is just teasing me" I complain.
"I'm sorry baby, I can replace it all with water if it's going to drive you that crazy" he pouts.
"No it's fine, besides it's New Years everyone should be able to enjoy themselves." Tonight Joe and I are throwing a New Years party having it be New Year's Eve. We decided to have it here because I can't risk being seen by the paps and them spilling the news before I get the chance to do it myself. All of our Family and close friends know about the baby and the engagement now.

I pull my jumper up around my neck as a cold breeze blows through the air. I wish it could be warmer for this party but later when everyone gets here we'll turn on the out door heaters so we don't all turn to ice cubes. "You should go inside, I'll be done setting up in a couple of minutes" Joe says. I would've been helping him to begin with but he's to damn over protective. I tried to pick up a small box which only had a few small plastic party favers inside of it, it was light as a feather. But he literally told me that I'm not supposed to lift heavy things (even though it was as light as a feather) and he made me sit down and relax. I mean I don't mind sitting down and relaxing but i feel so helpless when I'm not allowed to do anything.

I make my way inside and make myself a hot chocolate. While it's cooling I go to my bedroom and pick out what I'm going to wear. I pull out a white figure hugging off the shoulder dress, which I had my assistant get me last week.

 I pull out a white figure hugging off the shoulder dress, which I had my assistant get me last week

The dress looks like this

I slip it on and stare at myself in the mirror. Being 18 weeks my bump is getting very noticeable, especially with this dress being so figure hugging it sculpts every thing. And because everyone coming knows I'm pregnant it's going to be so much more obvious. I match the dress with some beige heels which I know Joe is going to disapprove of. With a struggle I pull the zip up and walk down stairs. At the bottom of the stairs I see my fiancé gawking up at me as I descend. "Taylor...you...you look....amazing" he stutters. I blush.
"Thank You Mr Alwyn." He licks his lips as his eyes wander my body. "Now I think you should get ready, everyone is going to be here soon" I say. He nods gives me a peck on the lips and disappears up the stairs. Yes he didn't notice the heels(a mental win).

I add a few mini marshmallows to my hot chocolate before I discard it. Joe reappears from upstairs in a pair of grey jeans and a white shirt. Looking sexy as hell might I just add. "Mr Alwyn, you might wanna tone down the sexy if you wanna keep those clothes on tonight" I say in a seductive voice while biting my lip. "I'm glad you approve" is all he says and gives me another soft peck on my lips.

An hour later all of the guests have arrived. They include my parents, Austin, my friends, Joe's parents and Patrick. Because we haven't been able to fly over to England to tell Joe's family about the baby and engagement we simply just FaceTimed them. By the end of the call his mum was in tears and Patrick freaked out in excitement about being an uncle.

I sit on a seat positioned next to an out door heater as I  sip some water. I see Elizabeth (Joe's mum) approach me, and she takes a seat next to me and places her hand on my thigh. "How have you been sweetie?" She asks.
"I've been good, Joe's been really helpful but he won't leave me alone for more then two minutes." I reply dryly. She lets out a small laugh and shakes her head "Of course he doesn't, he's always been over protective with you" she laughs "your looking beautiful by the way, your absolutely glowing. Do you know what gender the baby is yet?" She asks gesturing to my swollen stomach.
"Not yet, but we're finding out in a couple of weeks"
"Do you want a boy or girl?"
"Ummm...I actually don't know. To be honest I really don't mind I just want the baby to be healthy. But Joe on the other hand is making it pretty obvious that he wants a girl" I laugh.
"How obvious?"
"Well we've been looking through baby catalogs and he keeps pointing all of the girl things. And when ever he talks about the baby he usually refers to it as a girl."
"That's adorable. It makes sense to, when I was pregnant with Patrick he wanted him to be a girl." She says while grabbing my hand to examine my engagement ring. "He really went all out didn't he?" She asks with a smile,
"Apparently."
I see Joe approaching us he wears a smug smile on his face. "May I have this dance?" He asks and I can hear my Song New Years Day start to play through the speakers. I blush slightly. "I'd love to" I reply as he grabs my hand and helps me up.

We sway to the music my head resting against Joe's chest and my arms wrapped around his neck, while his arms are wrapped around my waist. "Candle wax and polaroids on the hard wood floor you and me forever more" plays through the speaker and I can hear him whispering "you and me forevermore" in my ear. I tilt my head up and gaze into his ocean blue orbs and press my lips against his. I part my lips slightly and his tongue slips into my mouth grazing the inside of my lips. We break apart to catch our breath "I love you so, so much" he breathes.
"I love you too."
"Guys it's 11:59!" I hear Patrick yell. I grab onto Joe's hand and give it a squeeze, this will be our 3rd year together and it will be one of the magical years of our lives. "Are you excited for the year ahead of us?" I ask.
"Of course!" He reply's "we're going to have a baby and soon we're going to be married."
I don't know what it is but immediately tears begin to fall from my eyes. Damn pregnancy hormones. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asks concerned. "Nothing...I just..what did I ever do to deserve you?"
"I ask myself the same question every day" with that we hear a clock ding following with bangs from fire works. Joe and kiss each other passionately once again. Complete bliss takes my body within seconds. "Happy New Year baby" he whispers as we break apart and look up at the splashing colours of fire works which parade in the sky above us.
"Happy New Years."