It's a.....

Taylor's POV

Light glistens in through the windows of Joe and I's bedroom. I watch him as he slowly inhales and exhales, he always looks so beautiful when he's sleeping, like an effortless kind of grace takes over his body.
I gently push my self out of bed as to not wake him and tip toe down stairs. Today's the 21st of February which means it's Joe's birthday. It's also our gender reveal party today as well as it being his birthday party. I told him we could do them both on separate days but he insisted that he share this special day with the baby. My mum is the only one who actually knows the gender of the baby, because she came with us during the ultra sound and was begging to find out.

I head into the kitchen and turn the stove on while putting a frying pan onto it. I pull some strips of bacon out of the fridge and put them in the pan and I can hear them begin to sizzle. I would add eggs but the haven't passed the nausea test, so just to avoid me throwing up I won't make any. I get some pancake mix from the cupboard and pour it into another frying pan. In no more then 15 minutes I have a plate with 4 strips of bacon, three pancakes and some maple syrup drizzled on top in the shape of a love heart sitting in front of me. I smile pleased with my efforts and put the plate of food onto a tray and grab a glass and pour some fresh orange justice into it and set that on the stray beside it. I carefully pick up the tray and slightly balance it on my stomach while I make my way up stairs. 25 weeks pregnant, I'm over half way done and I feel so at ease with everything. But my bump is getting huge, you can definitely tell I'm pregnant, honestly it would be extremely hard to miss. Joe can't keep his hands off my stomach, basically 24/7 I find his hands pressed against it, but honestly I find it cute. I enter our room and find Joe just sitting up having obviously just awoken. He rubs his eyes, he looks to the side of the bed where I would usually be sleeping and frowns not seeing me. He looks confused for a second then looks up to where I'm standing in the door frame and smiles. "Happy birthday, baby!" I exclaim and walk over to him giving a kiss on the lips than hand him the tray of food.

He shoots me a funny look "what's this?" He asks almost taken a back.
"What do you think Einstein?" I laugh. "It's breakfast."
"Well I can see that. It looks amazing but you didn't need to do this."
"Yes I did, it's your birthday. You should enjoy it."
"Thank you love" he smiles and gives me a peck. "Don't you have anything for your self?"
"It's fine I'm not hungry" just as I say that my stomach growls.
"Well I don't think baby thinks that" he laughs and places his hand on my stomach which is hidden by one of his shirts. "Have some of this, there's enough love" he says.
"Are you sure? I can just go make some more."
"No. Don't over work your self, there's plenty for us to share."
I walk around to the other side of the bed and hobble into it, leaning my back against the head board as Joe is doing. He cuts a piece of pancake and gets it on his fork and pops it into my mouth. "Are your nervous for today?" I ask "for finding out the baby's gender I mean."
"Yeah, but I'm really excited to find out" he beams and places his big hand on my stomach again.
"Me too. Do you want a boy or a girl?"
"I don't really mind, I just the baby to be healthy."
I smile at this. I know he wants a girl but he's just to shy to admit to it.

4 hours later...

We open the door to reveal my parents. My dad is Holding a box which I can only assume has a gender reveal balloon in it, and my mum has a box with cake in it. I hug them and they walk into the living area where everything for the party is set up. "Hey hunny how are you? You look absolutely radiant!" My mum exclaims.
"I feel amazing" I smile back.
"Great, I have Joe's birthday cake here, it also has the colour of the gender inside. And your dad has the balloon with the pink or blue glitter inside of it."
" Thank you guys, this means a lot" Joe says standing next to me.

My mum puts the cake down in the kitchen and my dad takes the balloon out of the box. It's a helium balloon which is half blue and half pink and a small weight is tied to the bottom of the string to make sure the balloon doesn't float off. Than inside the balloon there will be either pink or blue glitter. Joe and I will get a pin and pop it than what ever colour the glitter is that will be the gender.
"Happy Birthday Joe" my dad says and gives him a hand shake while patting him in the back. "Yes, Happy birthday sweet heart" my mum says while entertaining back in the living room and pulls Joe into a hug. "Are your parents coming?" My mum asks Joe.
"Yeah, Patrick is coming as well hopefully they will be here soon."

Soon enough everyone has arrived and are all standing in a circle in the living room. The gender reveal balloon stands in the middle of the circle and Joe and I stand next to it. "This is it" I whisper to Joe as I link my hand with his so we both hold the pin. "It is" he smiles.
"Okay everyone let's have a count down from 3" my mum announces and I take a deep breath. "3..2..1" The pin makes contact with the balloon, it pops and suddenly pink flakes of glitter fall around us. We're having a girl. Suddenly the room is full of applause and cheering, people chanting "yess it's a girl!" And "I told you so." Before I can react to anything else Joe pulls me in and picks me up bridal style and spins me around. I'm surprised he can still pick me up. "We're having a girl!" He shouts in excitement. I smile, I knew he wanted a girl. I rap my arms around his neck and kiss him "yes we're having a girl" I smile tears falling from my eyes.

Half an hour later when everyone has calmed down we sit around the table and eat the birthday cake. The out side is white and Is decorated with small blue and pink balls and insides it's pink. But suddenly I feel a strange feeling inside my stomach, like something is moving around. In the past couple of weeks I've been feeling small flutters but right now the baby is actually kicking. "Joe" I say and tap him on the shoulder hurriedly. "What, What is it, Are you alright?" He asks now getting concerned.
"I'm fine."
"What is it then."
"The baby's kicking."
His mouth drops and his eyes begin to sparkle "wha...wait...really" he asks in complete shock. I nod and press his hand on my stomach where the baby is kicking. We wait a couple of moments but she kicks again and I can tell that Joe can feel it because he wears the biggest smile and a single tear roles down his cheek. I keep one hand on top of his and the other I use to wipe his tear away. "I think she's wishing you a happy birthday" I whisper. He leans down and kisses my bump "thank you little one" he beams.
And for the rest of the night I don't think he took his hand off of my stomach once.