Chapter Thirty-four

Rayne White,

So after the hospital visit, I scheduled my appointment with my doctor literally the next day and she confirmed, 10 weeks pregnant with twins. I still haven't told August and I'm going on 13 weeks. Like as of now I'm in the middle of 12 weeks. I'm still stuck on the fact that I am carrying twins. I thought just carrying one child would be shocking enough but to find out it's twins.

"What's wrong?" August asked while sitting beside me on the couch.

I came down here not too long ago to get something to drink. My doctor told me to check out this highly recommended page for twins. And that the advice is really worth listening to. And according to them, I need to drink a gallon of water or we'll should have been doing that. I need to go ahead and start informing people on my pregnancy and start saving money now. But how can I tell other people and I haven't even told their father yet.

"What you not telling me." He said turning my head to look at him. "You been being distant towards a nigga. What I do?"

"Nothing, just a lot going on mentally is all." I said leaning over to lay on him.

"Talk to me baybeh. Whatever it is, you don't have to deal with it alone."

"Our first child." I said looking up at him.

His head dropped and then he looked over at me.

"You been thinking heavy on our lost child?" He asked.

"You never had the chance to actually morn. You been so worried about me and how I was dealing with it. You never had the chance to actually take it in." I said and his eyes started to look around. Almost as to avoid crying.

"I'm suppose to protect you. I'm suppose to be there no matter what for you. I'm not suppose to let shit like that happen to you.  But I wasn't and for what, some shit in Nola. I dropped the ball to run behind family that probably wouldn't do the same for me. I got you raped and our child killed. Then to make matters worse, he fucking going on about his damn life."

"August, it's not your fault. You warned me that I should keep my guard up and my eye on him but I paid it no mind. I should have listened. You was always telling me to lock the door after you once you left for the night or day. Keep my phone around and always check it. I never listened. It's not your fault and it's not my fault. Drew was going to find away either way. He had made his mind up way before things could have been prevented. I don't blame you or hold judgement; hell Aug on the plus side most that night is a blur to me."

"It's the point Rayne. It could have been prevented."

"How? What you stayed when your family needed you? Then what? He would have continued to wait for his chance. This isn't something we thought could happen."

"Fuck all that. Shit making me madder by the second. When I get my hands on his ass. All hell is gone break lose, I promise that shit." He said tightening his fist.

I placed my hand on top of his fist.

"Aug, I have to tell you something." I said while looking down.

I either tell him or risk his temper getting the best of him and they grow up with their father behind bars.

"What?"

Before I could speak Teke and Dre bursted into the apartment.

"Yungin'." They said giving him a look I didn't recognize.

"I'll be back baybeh." He said standing up.

The two of them walked out the apartment and August was right behind him shortly.