Chapter Twenty-eight

August Alsina,

Rayne's birthday is about two weeks away and I don't know what to get her. Before the shit with bitch happened. I planned to take her out to dinner, some fancy place or something. Get a hotel, do all that extra shit. Run her a bath and cater her. Then just take her soul and put her to sleep.

Might still hit that plan and just take you know sexually snatching her soul out. But then a nigga gotta find some gifts. Can't bring ya girl to a hotel all decorated and shit. With no damn gifts.

Might have to step into that put up stash. That dirty money for this one.

"Where you heading too?" Teke asked as I came out the room.

Yeah, a nigga getting a late start in the day. Pulling these doubles at work since more of my classes is over, is really getting to a nigga.

"Out nigga."

"Aye, don't get smacked nigga. It was just a question. Randy dumbass came and picked RayRay up like 30mins ago. Something with they mom or dad. Shit ion know. Both of they asses seemed annoyed with it."

"Yeah, I remember a little bit of her saying she was about to dip. But I'm catch you."

"Be safe."

"Always." I said before heading out the apartment.

I got a lot on my plate. I graduate in May and start Grad school in August. Got Rayne's birthday coming up. I got apartment shopping to hop on. I gotta get some other shit. I gotta just buy shit because shit, I feel like just buying shit.

I hopped in my little baby and did that white girl shit—put the damn GPS on.

Pulling up I can already see this about to be a long as day. Why the fuck is the mall packed. People don't got shit to do anymore?

~~~

Tell me about a long as day. Got the apartment a nigga had his eye on since he moved to Georgia. Got some shoes I had my eyes on. Got the hotel for Rayne birthday. Got her gift. Now I just have to get the decorations and a yung nigga straight. I know for damn sure she gone love.

Too go a cheaper route than take her out to eat because a nigga like to eat. I'm just cook something without killing her.

"You had a busy day?" Rayne said as I entered the damn apartment.

Good thing I ain't have no damn giveaway shit in my hands or nothing. Thank the big dawg upstairs for making me lazy.

"Don't even get me started. Where Teke at?" I asked sitting at the island.

"You know Bonnie off work today. He with her. She had a doctors appointment today."

"Oh okay. What you making?" I asked looking at her as she walked around the kitchen in one of her oversized shirts and some leggings.

"Oh just a little something. What you get into today, hopefully not any trouble."

"Trouble? Me? Never dat. But a little bit this and a little bit of that."

"August, don't play. You better not got into any trouble or did anything stupid that can affect your future negatively." She said turning around to face me with her hands in her hips.

"I had a stressful day today and then how you treat me? I'm just shower and go to bed. Can't even eat with all this disappointment I got in me." I said showing just how disappointed I truly am.

"What was so stressful about today?" She asked like she don't believe my damn day was stressful. "You was shopping for a fact and I know that."

"What makes you think I was shopping? You think I'm always just spending money. Acting like I'm some rich ass teen off a 90s lame ass stupid ass movie. Like I just spend money because I can't and I don't know the value of a damn dollar."

"Why you so defensive? If you won't shopping. Why are you so upset in ya damn spirit August? Your ass was shopping."

"I brought one pair of J's. That's all."

"It's never just one pair with you. I should sell your damn shoes."

"See why you gotta be so mean about it. I literally only brought one pair of shoes. You gotta start believing in me. How am I suppose to believe in myself, if my Lady don't believe in me." I said gaining a eye roll from her.

"I'm not doing this with you. Gone make me burn this food." She said throwing her hand in the air before turning back around.

"Look at you. All focused on that meal right there." I said getting off the stool.

I wrapped my arms around her while she mixed the heavy whipping cream and cheese.

"August, did you do your homework for class tomorrow?"

"Did in the beginning of the week."

"Aug, it's literally Tuesday. You pulled a double last night. When did you have the time."

"Rayne Michelle, don't worry about my shit. Did you do your work? How you know I didn't do it last week? How you know all my shit ain't already done?"

"Okay August Anthony, I apologize. Now do you want bread with this Chicken Alfredo?"

"Of course baybeh."

"Can you get the salad out the fridge and start on plates please?" She asked knowing she ain't even have to ask me.

I let her go and went to the fridge. I got the salad and two plates.

"So, I was thinking and I want to do a couples activity or something. Like something us to do together other than just movies and tv shows." Rayne said as she put the pasta in my plate and then on hers.

"Okay, like what?" I asked putting salad in the bowls beside our plates.

"Art classes." She said causing me to just stop right there.

I know she don't expect a nigga to draw a damn thing.

"Okay, pottery classes." She said as if that was suppose to change any fucking thing.

"I want you to look at our skin complexions one more time before you answer." I said while sitting down.

"It's either pottery, drawing, or yoga."

"You know I always wanted to make a vase or some."

"Mmhm. I'm sure you did."

"Thank you for dinner baybeh. You know you ain't always got to cook."

"You welcome and I don't mind."

"Angel when we finish?" I said asking about our show.

It's some weird ass vampire with a soul shit she got me into. We just finished Buffy the Vampire slayer about last week. Now we on this shit.

"Yeah. That the move sense we finish with our homework."

"Big deal then."