Chapter Twenty-four

August Alsina,

It's been about four days since I found Rayne in her floor and she still not woke. So a nigga life has been: school, hospital, work, hospital. On repeat for the last four days and honestly it's tiring but I be damn if my baby wake up and I'm not by her side.

"She just being lazy now." Randy said shaking his head.

This nigga a clown. But I get it, he hid his emotions through jokes. He been joking since he calmed down and she started breathing on her.

"How she being lazy?" I asked just to humor him.

"She know she can fucking wake up. She just wanna sleep. I get it. School stressful. Dating a big headed fucker, just got all the weight in the world on his damn shoulders. Got such an handsome brother that just got bitches chasing him."

This nigga. Just a whole ass clown.

"Okay, whatever you say Randy."

"Do she act like you?" My momma asked just as a to be sure.

"No, she nice and not as cocky." Teke answered.

"Hmm okay."

They decided not to leave until we made sure Rayne was doing okay and at home.

It's like through everything. I have no clue how I'm gone tell her about the baby. Like Rayne love kids on another level. I remember one time taking. She was like she wanted to have at least five kids but since they would be by me two would be enough. Now that part I don't really understand but damn. How am I suppose to tell her 'baby, you was carrying my child; well seed. I use the term was because you lost the baby due to you being raped and beaten.' I don't think that would be the best way. Shit truthful but harsh as hell. I'm suppose to be her protector but instead I left her vulnerable to a fucking nigga that think he crazy. But his ass gone learn.

This shit gone blow me. I have to see this nigga on campus and hold my shit together. I'm have to walk across the same stage as this nigga to get my degree. And I can't do shit about it; yet anyways.

He come up missing the cops gone be on my shit because of this situation. Then it's like that's a whole investigation I don't have time for. So I'm wait it out. Give it some time. Let shit die down, 'move on' so then when his ass come up missing I can pull the 'we overcame that aspect in our lives.' Have a solid ass alibi and everything planned.

Shit this may take some time. Shit ain't like N.O. where niggas can go missing and it not be a problem. But I wonder if he end up on N.O. if she can get to moving on a faster pace. Nola police don't really be giving a damn. Records her twisted. He'll be a tourist. A black on at that, who gives a damn about black tourist? Ain't like he an important black person.

"Aug." My brother Trav said, knocking me out my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked looking over at him.

"We going to get food. You want anything?"

"Nah, I'm straight."

"Ayo bring me back double cheese burger add bacon, no onions, light everything else. Fresh fries with the right about of salt. A HI-C to drink easy on the ice." Randy said just saying his whole order.

"We already taking the baby. Now you want the whole menu?" Trav asked him while shaking his head. "Fucking terrible." He said before everyone walked out. Just leaving me, Randy, and Rayne.

"Why you ain't call ya peoples yet?" I asked looking at him. You would have thought he would have at least told they other siblings by now. Or they parents considering she ain't wake yet.

"Trust me, they ain't gone do shit but make everything worse. Plus, she not gone need all that drama when she wakes up."

"So in other words they don't really know about me at all. Not even the slightest hint and they gone over do it."

"And you wrong young man. They know about you. They know a lot about you. Rayne told them she was talking to somebody. This is where the drama comes in. Our dad feel like she need to be focusing on her non-medical studies."

"So he don't take her major serious?"

"He said that if it's not a surgeon job, the highest you can go in nursing, head doctor over a field, or primary. It's not a medical major."

"So y'all dad just stupid?"

"Yeah, stupid come as stupid is. He always gives RayRay a hard time. I don't know, growing up I thought it might have been her weight. Sad to say. Even sadder, she felt the same way. But then it's like even when she tried losing weight and becoming this person she isn't for him. He still couldn't find himself to be at least the little bit of proud of her.

Took for me to get older to realize it was deeper than what I could have ever thought. A reason I don't really fuck with him like that. Be made my baby sister began to hate herself. She thought she could never be perfect enough for him. She got the bed grades out of all us. Perfect attendance. Perfect school record. Went to the college of his choice. Worked a job throughout her senior year to pay senior dues herself. Skipped prom to go to a damn surgical shit with him. But none of that matter. Don't know why though."

We talked about her parents a little bit. Not on this level. I never knew her father made it so hard for her. I see why she sticks up forever so hard on Professor Wilson's class. She grew up with the weight shame coming from home and school. She had her pops at home and little dead-bitch from school.

"August." I held Rayne moan cause me to jump out my seat.

"I'm right here baby." I said grabbing her hand.

"My head hurts. What happened. The last thing I remember is you rushing out the apartment."

"Baby." I stopped and inhaled before dropping my head. "You was attacked........"

|| Okay y'all, good and semi bad news. Good news: my last week of work is next week. So I'll have more time to write. Semi bad news: I start back college in like 2 weeks. So the updating schedule will be even crazier then it is now.
Y'all know *well y'all don't* I haven't been to sleep since like Tuesday afternoon before work. Like I really been up since 1pm Tuesday and it's now 6am Wednesday where I'm at and I got to work 7 long hours in a few hours. Y'all I'm over it.

Excuse all errors. Gone try to be updating more. 🙃||