Ch.29 Future Gang Leader

DIEGO's POV.

I'm trying to take a nap when my phone starts to ring. I yawn and answer it. "Hello?" I say with my eyes still closed. "Aye where you at?" Lethal's voice says on the other line. "The pad, why what's good?" I ask him. "Come through Andrew's pad we got some brew and bud" he tells me. "Alright I'll leave in five" I say then hang up.

I've been needing to drink and smoke. Me and the homie Money are opening up a barber shop in the hood. It's gonna open next month. But people are already talking about it. I know we're gonna make some g's from it.

I get ready then drive to Andrews house. I park out front then walk on the pavement on the side of the house leading to the backyard. The homies are already there drinking and smoking so I immediately join them.

"Aye there's a kickback tomorrow in Compton you down to go?" Jesus asks me. "Um nah I can't foo ima have my boy this weekend" I tell him. I told the homies about Alex a couple days ago. They were pretty shocked of course like everyone else but they thought it was really cool there's gonna be a little Diablo walking around.

"For the whole weekend??" Lethal says surprised. "Yup, Marissa is gonna, let me have him every weekend now" I tell them as I take a drink of my beer. "Damn no more partying then huh?" Andrew asks. "Nah I mean once in a while I can tell my moms to watch him so I can go out or just kick back at the pad you know?" I tell them.

"Yeah that's cool" Jesus says. "When do you think he's gonna start being active in the gang?" Lethal asks. "What?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows. "I started when I was 12" Jesus says taking a drink of his beer. "I was 9" Andrew adds. I honestly never thought about that.

"I mean, I don't know he's barely one why does it matter?" I ask. Lethal smacks his lips. "Come on, you're one of the gang leaders dick, and so is your pops, you should already know how it works, especially cause of who YOU are and who Marissa is, Alexander is one powerful one year old" he says with a small laugh. I suck in my lips. "He'll start when he's old enough, I was 12 so maybe when he's 12, but he's definitely gonna be running the gang" I tell them confidently.

Now being a father and having a son makes me a little hesitant to say Alex is gonna be running the gang one day. Doing all the things I do. But I know it'll benefit me, him, Marissa, a lot of people.