Ch.73 Repairing

DIEGO's POV.

It's been a rough couple of days.

I can't believe my brother is gone.

When the doctors told my mom he didn't make it, she broke down.

She screamed and cried.

I was in shock, and pissed the fuck off.

When I woke up at 6 in the morning at Marissa's house she was still sleeping.

I wasn't able to sleep.

I got up, changed, and left.

I texted her and told her I left cause I needed to take care of shit, and thanked her for letting me go to her pad.

I had to be there for my mom through this.

And help with the funeral planning and all that.

I paid for 90 percent of all the costs cause I didn't want my mom to worry about that.

Paying a bunch of shit to bury her son isn't what she should be worrying about.

That took about two days.

Tonight I'm going to Marissa's house. I know we need to talk about some shit too.

I'm in my room just laying on my bed.

I have way too much shit on my mind right now.

My shit with Marissa, who killed my brother, my brother being dead, his funeral, and my mom and sister.

Monique took it hard too.

I think especially since she's pregnant it makes it worse.

She's supposed to be happy about her kid coming soon, but now she's not even thinking about that.

I get up from my bed and go to the living room.

My mom and Monique are sitting on the couch so I sit with them.

"Where you going?" My mom asks.

"Marissa's house, to talk" I tell her.

Her and Monique smile.

"That's good mijo" my mom says.

"Are you alright ma?" I ask her.

She sighs.

"I'm trying mijo" she says.

Then Trigger comes through the door.

"What are you guys doing?" He asks tossing his keys on the kitchen table.

"Nothing, I'm abouta bounce" I tell him.

"Look" he says coming over to us and sitting down.

"I know what happened is fucked up, really fucked up, and all of us are fucked up by this, but I also know that Anthony wouldn't want us to be like this, he told me before himself if anything ever happened to him to just stay good, be happy, don't let it bring us down, HE said that" Trigger says.

"It's not that easy to do when one of your siblings isn't here Jimmy" Monique tells him.

"He's right mija, we all know how Anthony is, that's, something he would say, and would want" my mom says with a half smile then looks down at her hands.

"Everything will be alright" I tell them.

"Well I gotta go I'll see you guys later" I say as I get up.

I grab my car keys and drive to Marissa's house.

When I get there I don't knock I just go in.

"Marissa" I say wondering where she's at.

I walk down the hall to where her room is at and the doors open.

I stand in the doorway and see her laying on her stomach on her bed and Alex laying next to her.

She's looking at him and he's drinking his bottle laying next to her.

"We can make it last forever, come on baby won't you hold on to me, hold on to me, you and I together, come on baby" she quietly sings to him.

Alex smiles but his eyes keep closing.

She's trying to put him to sleep.

Marissa said she's been singing that song to him since he was born.

"Cause when you open your eyes, I feel alive, when you hold on me tight, I feel alive" she sings getting quieter and quieter.

Alex finally closes his eyes and knocks out.

I knock on the wall and she looks back at me.

She covers Alex with a blanket then gets up from her bed.

"Hi" she says whispers as she turns off the light and barely closes the door.

She leads be back down the hall and into the living room.

I sit on the couch and she sits next me and pulls her legs up to her chest and wraps her arms around her knees.

"How's everything been?" She asks soothingly.

"Um, it's been alright, the funeral is in two days so, it's been uh, kind of hard but we're dealing with it you know" I tell her.

She nods.

"And I'm sorry I just left the other day-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Don't worry about it I understand" she says.

"But, I do think we need to talk, about everything" she adds.

I nod.

"You already know that I wanna be with you Marissa, I mean I get why you're hesitant but, shit happens" I tell her shrugging a shoulder.

"I know, I just, you can't keep putting me through this type of shit Diego, I understand that no ones perfect and no relationship is perfect but all the bad things should go to a certain point, you took things over that point" she tells me.

"I'm sorry I smacked you like that, trust me I know I really fucked up, I really didn't mean to do that, but you can't act like you've never gotten physical with me" I say to her.

"Not like that Diego, we shouldn't even be doing shit like that anyways" she says quietly.

I suck in my lips.

"Do you wanna be with me?" I ask her.

She bite her bottom lip.

"Yeah" she says quietly.

"But cause you wanna be with me, not cause of Alex or anything like that, despite the bullshit we've been through, do you?" I ask again.

She looks at me and nods.

"Then we gotta start over" I tell her.

She nods.

"I'm gonna give you another chance, I'll forgive but I won't forget" she says.

"I know" I tell her.

I wrap my arm around her and pull into me.

"I'm sorry for everything babe" I tell her.

"Me too" she says hugging back.

"Oh" I say pulling away from the hug.

"I brought this, if you wanna take it back" I say pulling Marissa's engagement ring out of my pocket.

She looks at it and smiles.

I grab her hand and I slide the ring onto her finger.

She grabs my face and pulls me into a kiss.

"I love you" she says. "Love you too".