Ch.5 Confession

MARISSA'S POV.

Me and Lalo are going to the park today to smoke and just kick it. He told me he has to tell me something which made me a little nervous of course but I'm not really worrying about it too much. I trust him. We've gotten way closer since the other night in the trap house. We haven't told anyone about our relationship yet though. Only Monique and Dimples know. But other than that we haven't put it out there yet.

I do my makeup and get ready and all that then grab my phone and car keys and leave. When I get to the park I see Lalo already sitting at a table on his phone. I get off my car and walk up to him.

"hi!" I say popping next to him, He looks at me and smiles. "hey" he says as he hugs me and I hug him back. I sit down across from him. He finishes up with the blunt he was rolling before i got here and lights it up. "so" I start as he passes me the blunt "what did you wanna talk to me about?" I ask him.

"um, well, it's about what happened the night of the quince" he tells me. "oh, you mean when we..." I say and he smiles. "no, no not that, um, about the shooting" he tells me. "oh, what about it?" I ask curiously. "I know who started shooting, and why" he says quietly.

"what?? who was it?? did you say anything to anyone???" I ask all at once. "no I haven't told anyone except you right now because it was Cypress Park and they were after me" He says in a quiet, guilty way. "what?" I ask in shock.

"I started beef with one the guys from their just 3 days before, and he said he would you know retaliate but I told him he was just bullshitting and all this shit, but, he did" he says sadly. I feel bad now. Maria and Dimples family members died because some guys were looking for HIM. But it's not like shit like this hasn't happened before.

"why did you start beef with him?" I ask. "I was sitting in my car waiting for my brother outside of his girlfriend's pad cause I was picking him up and the guy was walking down the side walk towards my car and he started saying all that bullshit of where am I from and this and that and he started acting like he wanted to get down so I got off the car and my brother came outside so we just started beating his ass then bounced" he tells me.

I raise my eyebrows. "fuck" I say biting my lip. "but I'ma get him back, he-" Lalo starts but I cut him off. "Lalo no you're gonna start more shit just leave it let the other homies take care of it" I tell him . "But it was because of me Marissa this is my shit to handle" he says.

"but didn't they find out who it was anyways?" I ask. He shakes his head. "nah, they've been thinking this whole time that it was 18th Street" he says. I purse my lips. "okay well just let it go, for a little bit, just let shit die down okay? please?" I ask him. He hesitates but he nods.

I smiles and kiss his lips. "don't say anything though alright?" he says. I smile. "I got you" I tell him sweetly. And I do. He's my man, so I WILL have his back.

A/N. Sorry for such a short chapter buuuut PICTURE OF MARISSA'S SISTER ARIANNA ON THE SIDE :)